Sniper on the minaret

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

Sniper on the minaret

One of the many tactics used by the insurgents during the second battle of fallujah was using mosques as weapons caches and strongholds most of the time these were heavily targeted by air support but fighting around these buildings from the ground troops still occurred even worse were the snipers bunkerd on top of the minarets.

On the sides of every mosques there are two tall structures called minarets and these were commonly used as sniper nests which offered a 360 degree angle around the city which offered for excellent overwatch and made you more difficult to find harder to hit from small arms fire,but once the marines figured that the sniper fire was coming from the minaret that was usually followed by an A-10 thunderbolt strafe or any other fire support nearby as well as the abrams.

So I guess this does beg the question will we see this in the actual game? I have no doubt the devs are aware of this as thus was pretty common in fallujah and If it is would the best course of action for this be to suppress flank or call for fire support?,but I guess that really does fall on you to decide and if you couldn't tell I'm a bit biased when it comes to A10 and I'm hoping it makes it makes its way into the game but besides that good luck to the devs and I hope there doing well.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Sniper on the minaret

Yes, we've heard many accounts of this very scenario and plan to include it in Six Days. As for the best course of action to combat the threat, we leave it up to the player to employ the many tactics they have at their disposal (fix and flank, suppressive fire, etc). Again, we do want to remind everyone how necessary these are (as charging in COD-style will inevitably result in mission failure).
Enthusiast

Re: Sniper on the minaret

Pretty excpeted after all this was a common tactic for the insurgents and one of the many you'll have to overcome one playing the game.