Aimpoint compM2 and other opticss

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

Aimpoint compM2 and other opticss

So since we've already had the ACOG teased in one of the SITREPs regarding USMC weapons and audio design this has me wondering what other optics we'll see in six days more specifically talking about the Aimpoint compM2 and MARS sight as well as the C79 scope all of which saw combat in Fallujah.

Now first let's talk about how this will your will probably be vary depending on the since some battalions were better equipped than others and there will likely be missions were your weapons will have little to no customization but when they do you can expect the most common kit to be the M16A4 paired with an ACOG vertical grip PEQ-2 and flashlight but when it comes to CCOs like the Aimpoint compM2 or MARS sight it's your likely to see these on the M16A4 M4 carbine or even the SAW and on the topic of the SAW it and the M240 both used the C79 sight a common sight on machine guns now how common you'll see these no clue as throughout the game you'll probably see a lot of variety with your arsenal but expect the ones listed to be the ones you see most.

Another common kit was the the M16A4 with a mounted m203 grenade Launcher along with other attachments like a flashlight or a PEQ-2 excluding the vertical grip as the m203 prohibits this now I don't want this to become a thread about what attachments you'll see in the game as that could be it's own thing so when it comes to optics the Aimpoint compM2 MARS sight are pretty likely to be in the game and with the combat in the game almost always being CQC some CCOs would definitely be welcome as supposed to room clearing with 4×scope and having to use the front rear sights to aim and as a result being less accurate now don't get me wrong I LOVE the ACOG but I feel like giving some other optics some love would be nice too.
Unknown0351

Re: Aimpoint compM2 and other opticss

I would definitely like the see any 3/5 mission have some MARS sights. As I’ve said before 3/5 relieved our battalion 2/1 in October 2004 so we did the right seat/left seat for a couple weeks and we got to see they had the MARS sight, probably one per fire team if I recall correctly but possibly two per fire team in certain cases.

We know from the photographer photos’ that was in the Hell House that one Marine had an Aimpoint on his M16A4 but he probably purchased it himself and the higher ups authorized it because these were not standard issues to regular infantry. Force Recon did receive Aimpoint’s for their M4’s but they could have switched to something else by late 2003 and 2004 because last I seen what they had was early 2003. We also know some Army units had the Aimpoint as well.

We didn’t use the ACOG’s magnification during CQB we aimed over the front sight post, it actually works well with a 20” barrel probably not so much for a M4 though, same for iron sights we aimed only over the front sight post for CQB. From the SITREP videos this looks like it’s in the game. Granted what anyone does during an actual fire fight might vary, possibly they just aimed over the ACOG as well.
Enthusiast

I did bring up aiming over the ACOG In the thread and it does look like we'll have the ability to aim over the sight for CQB as for the other sights mentioned I brought up the Aimpoint compM2 since I had seen it in a lot of photos during the battle,but it seems like mainly army units were using the Aimpoint which still probably means we'll see it in the game as there will be missions were you are not a US marine and will have the appropriate weapon kits.
Unknown0351

It is likely that Force Recon still had the Aimpoint in late 2004 but I guess it might be impossible to find out when they switched to a different sight.
Enthusiast

A lot of the photos I see of Aimpoints mounted on a gun it's usually way later during the battle usually December and most of its typically army units,but even in November there's still photos and even footage of Aimpoint sights on m4s if you watch the documentary only the dead you can see when collation forces first enter the city they have CCOs mounted on thier m4 and M16s.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Unknown0351 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:22 am We didn’t use the ACOG’s magnification during CQB we aimed over the front sight post, it actually works well with a 20” barrel probably not so much for a M4 though, same for iron sights we aimed only over the front sight post for CQB. From the SITREP videos this looks like it’s in the game. Granted what anyone does during an actual fire fight might vary, possibly they just aimed over the ACOG as well.
Yes, it is true that Six Days will allow you to aim over the ACOG, as we've shown in the previous SITREP. This is how nearly every Marine in Fallujah we asked aimed during CQB.

As Unknown0351 also referenced, there were very few MARS sights on Marine M16s in Fallujah. We may make it an option at some point, but the default kit will have the ACOG.