Drugged up insurgents?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

Drugged up insurgents?

After watching an interview regarding SSG David bellavias experience during the second battle of fallujah there was a part t were he was talking about how insurgents would take substances such as adrenaline and amphetamines and this appears to be something that was quite common as numerous marines during the battle reported finding stockpiles of needles in houses.Now the six days team is probably well aware of this but will this play a part in the actual game?,for example will the insurgents hopped up on drugs be less fearful and frantically engage the the players squad with less fear and hesitation than your average insurgent will,I could definitely see something like this play a major role in the outcome of a firefight forcing you to be more cautious when clearing rooms or making your way through the city and having the ability to call out needles you see on the floor to your fellow marines would be a welcome feature,the same could also go for your squad mates.
Kridath

Re: Drugged up insurgents?

Enthusiast wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:15 pm After watching an interview regarding SSG David bellavias experience during the second battle of fallujah there was a part t were he was talking about how insurgents would take substances such as adrenaline and amphetamines and this appears to be something that was quite common as numerous marines during the battle reported finding stockpiles of needles in houses.Now the six days team is probably well aware of this but will this play a part in the actual game?,for example will the insurgents hopped up on drugs be less fearful and frantically engage the the players squad with less fear and hesitation than your average insurgent will,I could definitely see something like this play a major role in the outcome of a firefight forcing you to be more cautious when clearing rooms or making your way through the city and having the ability to call out needles you see on the floor to your fellow marines would be a welcome feature,the same could also go for your squad mates.
They might be more fearful but it could also severely lower the perception and able to hit a target.

This is a cool topic to discuss. If it's added or not wont effect how I look at the game, but the way the AI insurgents reacts will be a big indicator.
Enthusiast

Oh definitely,having it affect every insurgent differently would make for a pretty interesting experience and them becoming more inaccurate and careless is something that I definitely feel should be in the game if they go this route but despite them becoming more combat infective they are willing to be more bold and make choices that could likely get them killed and having them become more paranoid is something you could use to your advantage.

I'm on the same boat with you however this not being in the game will not make me less fond of It and I'm still eager to play it.
Mudroc0311

They weren't less lethal because of their drug intake. Infact they were more lethal because of it.

They wouldn't need sleep because they are on artificial stuff. Also, I seen them take rounds that would normally kill a man and for these drugged up insurgents they would brush it off and keep going. For instance, I saw a man who took the brunt of a grenade's shrapnel to the knee and he was still able to run around and combat us.

I think the closet thing to relate this to an ingame mechanic would be a "frenzied" mechanic where these insurgents would be drugged up to a frenzy and be able to take more rounds than the average unarmored human (our Sapi plates at the time were only rated to stop 5.56 rounds [so basically to prevent blue on blue]). Along with an increase to their rate at which they fire their weapon. And, lastly making them fire their weapons via the blind firing method. (where they are behind cover firing back at you [which is inaccurate because they do not have proper sight alignment and sight picture]).

Picture this, these insurgent fighters not only were drugged up but also were being encouraged by the local mosques via their loud speakers.

It truly was a whirlwind of jihadist propaganda to boost the morale of their fighters.
Enthusiast

Them being able to take more shots before they bite dust sounds interesting as well but that would also have to depend on what kinda round thier getting shot with for example 556 would take more than usual,mainly talking about the M16A4,an M249 you can shoot however how long you'd like.762×51mm is one I feel should take less 556 since the round is more powerful but I can only recall two weapons that used it the M21 and M240.

I mentioned this in my first post but this is why I feel being able to call out needles should be in the game if they go this route since it let's your squad know that the insurgents are not only more frantic and crazy with thier attacks and will take a few more hits as well so I feel insurgents should stagger when hit off drugs but on drugs there still standing straight and the idea of propaganda on speakers sounds nice as well.
Mudroc0311

The best way to take out a drugged up insurgent is to go for their brain housing group. I've seen these men take bullet after bullet and still have the will to fight. But once you put a round in the bridge of their nose. They fall like a sack of jihadi meat. And, that is with a M16A4's caliber. You have to recall that some of us had the ACOG and could go for that shot before closing with the enemy in house to house.

Plus, it makes it easier for the person who has to do the BDA. Picture this, would you rather go do a BDA with a possibly bleeding out jihadist still hopped up on drugs or would you rather do a BDA on someone who took a round in the grape?

Obviously this tactic is much more difficult when fighting house to house. Especially with the ACOG Because we had to fire over our sights. We didn't have the O2 sight of an M16A4's iron sight. Also, the M240G is typically positioned within the avenue of approach providing overwatch with their left and right lateral limits. As for the M21 I wasn't STA so, I know nothing of their TTPs or SOPs.

And for the record neither was I an 0331 but we did have them attached to us when we were a reinforced Platoon so, I am aware of where our 31's were placed.

I think you can tell from my name I was an 0311 so all this information is just coming from an 11's perspective within the battle.
Enthusiast

Yeah but i feel like that's pretty much a given in a game like this you shoot them in the boom thier dead end of story but like you said doing that in close quarters would be more of a challenge with less zoom than it would be from further away and like I said in my original post calling out needles to the rest of your squad so they know to adjust thier aim to the head would be a welcome feature.And yeah if the M240 will be In the game it wouldn't be the lmg you'd want to take into houses save that for the SAW though to be fair both serve as excellent weapons to provide overwatch with along with suppressive fire.
Last edited by Enthusiast on Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mudroc0311

If you talk you give away the element of surprise. We never called out for needles. We just went to work no matter what the condition was.
Enthusiast

Can't argue with that I always appreciate getting some insight from you on my posts thanks man.
Mudroc0311

Not a problem, Just here to help tell our story. But, definitely communicating to everyone that our hostile forces are drugged up is good Intel. You just have to remember the only ones with comms are the Team leaders, Squad Leaders, Platoon Sgt and Platoon Commander. The pointman (who I was) did not have comms so this Intel I wouldn't run up the chain.

We would move using hand and arm signals towards the objective. We also would bump the person in front of you in the ass using your knee. Inorder to not lose our element of surprise. Everything we did was in hopes to minimize our presence in the area. And to best keep them guessing our next move. Not to say there wasn't situations where things were called out, and called out loudly like incase a home was booby trapped.

This one time we cleared a home that was housing a cache of ammunition, mines, grenades, RPGs, det cord, and propane tanks. One of our SAW gunners Lcpl Bullen found it and yelled out for all of us to beat feet out of the home. I believe we called in some Abrams to blow that house sky high and we did not conduct a BDA because rounds were still cooking off. I remember walking away from a burning home while rounds were cooking off hoping I wouldn't take one to the dome.

Anyway, I could go on for hours about our stories. But, that is what I hope this Video Game will do. Tell our history in a manner that is respectful and badass to those that didn't get to come back home and for those of us who have survived it.