Realistic Shotguns

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

Realistic Shotguns

Before I got into the millsims scene I always assumed a shotguns effective range was 3 feet max lol,but after doing more reaserch that aint the case and I'm pretty sure a lot of people who are excited for the game are probably aware of this too same with the folks over at Vitcura but that begs a couple questions I plan to ask in this thread,when I first saw the weapons list and saw the m4 benelli I was pretty excited since it's a personal favorite of mine in video games but like I said I do have some questions.

The first one definitely being how effective will shotguns be in this game now this one's a little obvious since it's shooting for realism and that means i expect if you get shot with a rifle once in the chest your done,and the same will probably go for shotguns though I gota admit I was a little disappointed when I found out there'd be no gore since I was already imaging playing the game and shooting some insurgent point blank and then there's Giant hole in his chest,Garand thumb does a really good video depicting just deadly shotguns are not just at close range but longer ranges as well.
The m4s range is about 55 yards but it's maximum range is 164 yards so I'm not sure how long 55 yards is but that's a far cry from "bad guy will only die if your almost touching him",right so I expect the range to be the same in the game now before I wrap things up I have two more questions one being were slug rounds used during fallujah?and if so how will that play out second being will we see the mosberg 500 since I'm pretty sure at the time it was still seeing more use than the benelli.Well that wraps things I'm pretty eager to get a reply from amper on this and I wish him and folks over at Vitcura the best of luck.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Realistic Shotguns

Our M4 shotgun currently has very high stopping power at short range. We’re still tweaking and tuning the damage on it right now, and we welcome more feedback on this.
Enthusiast

Re: Realistic Shotguns

That's great to hear man you have been on roll with your replies amper nice to you see kick covids ass happy to hear your doing all right man you and vitcura are making a great game here keep up the great work.