Combat scenarios and mission objectives

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

Combat scenarios and mission objectives

With a game like six days you already have pretty good idea of the type of combat scenarios you'll find yourself in,room clearing street fighting CQC you get the picture the same also goes for objectives whether it's clearing a house of insurgents destroying weapons caches advancing through the city or providing overwatch for other marines and a lot of the other tasks that come with urban combat.
So you can expect a lot of the combat to be at close quarters but that could also probably change depending on the mission and objective,like instead of clearing a house your on a Rooftop waiting to ambush or get the drop on insurgents preferably with a marksman rifle, an m21 or m42.Now I know you can't drive vehicles but I have seen amper state that there could be place for this such as utilizing the mounted m2 browning or Mark 19 on hummve or an abrams whill will be pretty cool feature to see in the game if it does happen.
But back to certain combat scenarios if you watch the documentary only the dead you can see a lot of situations where the marines have no idea where the enemy is and are just firing in the genral direction of were they this shown extensively when they first enter the city and are met with overwhelming force from the insurgents but this more often than not is what happens in actual combat more than half the time more and you'll probably see a lot of this in six days.Overall I'm curious to see how varied the missions will be in six days but something else worth touching upon would be air support and how crucial it should be when being outgunned and it should make a huge difference between life and death especially when it comes to mosques as these were frequent used as insurgent strongholds or weapons caches.Alright that was just me speculating some of the combat scenarios and objectives I think more than likely a lot of these will probably in the game,it's not that I dislike CQC in fact it's exact opposite i love that shit and room clearing there's a reason why clean house is my favorite modern Warfare mission I would just like for there be more forms of combat as to not make the experience stale and more accurate to the actual events but that is what there going for and I have full faith they'll deliver on it.
Mudroc0311

Re: Combat scenarios and mission objectives

There was a point during the battle when not only was it house to house but also berm to berm.

I think it's a little known fact that our RCT did berm fighting with the help of a donated Israeli D9. I forget the specifics of what was spray painted on the back but, it was something to the effect of "Get Some Marines!" I'll be surprised if this type of warfare gets included in "6DiF" only because (speaking from my own experience) the media left our AO after the first 6 days. We were still clearing houses and fighting in Fallujah all the way through the end of December until my unit shifted priorities and moved towards Abu Ghraib Prison as our new AO in December of '04.
Enthusiast

Damm nice to an actual fallujah vet comment on my post,I see you also commented on one of my other posts too but yeah berm fighting is probably another one I should've brought up too,I plan to talk more about night combat and commands you can give your fellow marines in my next post as well as other things so I'm sure I'll you there too,but before I go you mind me asking how it was like over there?.I'm not sure if you've already talked about your experience on the forums but it would be interesting to hear what you have to say.
Mudroc0311

Enthusiast wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:04 pm How it was like over there?
In my experience it's like playing Russian roulette before breaching every door. Besides that "hope" is your true enemy. I relinquished my hope to survive the battle and instead went in the mind set that I will be dead before the night's end. That being said, prior to my demise I will destroy every enemy that comes between the men of my platoon and I. So, every day if I found myself alive I was surprised... but, I would never let it get to me. Because tomorrow is another Devil Dog day.

We were told once we got in country "complacency kills." So, the goal is to not become complacent and instead live within the moment. By doing the TTPs within our battalion's SOP and to rely on your fellow Marines along with your training.

I made a post a month back of a scenario that played out around The morning of D-day +4. If you want an idea of what it was like, the thread is posted on page 2 and it's name is called "Interesting vid, possibly Fallujah."
Enthusiast

I've always wanted to get a bit of insight from someone who was actually there and yeah that shit sounds terrifying,that feeling of dread before kicking that door open is something I hope they'll capture in six days .I'm glad you powered on through and found that hope to keep on moving and knowing how bloody the second battle of fallujah was it must've not have been easy to do but you are a marine after all so I guess it in your guys blood to never give up.
Before in this if you don't mind there a few more questions I'd like to ask you
1.What was your assigned role?
2.Was there ever a time were you had to retreat from a house and instead have it demolished by fire support.
3.What was your time like at abu garihb and what do you have to say about the atrocities that took place there not saying you were involved in any of that just asking.
4.was there ever a time you had to call in for air support?
5.Were there ever any civilians in the houses you were clearing and if so how you deal with them?.
6. What was your first contact with the enemy like
7.This last one might be a bit too personal but during your time in iraq did you ever kill anyone? And if so how did it happen.