HUD, roads, difficulty level

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Neptune3000

HUD, roads, difficulty level

Hi again, I have three questions. I know that these topics were mentioned here before, but it was quite while ago, so I thought I would ask about them.

1) So will road network also change? I think that it would give this extra realism aspect, I think if even a small part of road layout changes it would be great.

2) Will there be option where player can play without HUD?

3) And last question is, will there be different difficulties for the game (easy, normal, veteran)?

Thank you
Blade0351

Re: HUD, roads, difficulty level

No, main roads won't change.

I think the HUD is optional.

No, they established previously there will be one difficulty.

Unless any of this has changed, this is the current info I have.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for jumping in, Blade.

Roads do not generate procedurally right now. While there are some technical reasons here, we also want to remind everyone that many roadways and streets play specific authenticity roles for our Signature Buildings and Environments. As a result, we haven't dug into the resources needed for regenerating these. This could change in the future, though.

There have been some great discussions so far on our HUD (both internally and here on the forums). By default, our HUD is very limited. We haven’t decided whether to offer a HUDless option that is mandated across players in a match and scored accordingly. For now, we are very conscious of busy HUDs.

We're still planning just one level of difficulty. This is also subject to change, but this is where we're leaning at the moment.
Kridath

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:04 pm There have been some great discussions so far on our HUD (both internally and here on the forums). By default, our HUD is very limited. We haven’t decided whether to offer a HUDless option that is mandated across players in a match and scored accordingly. For now, we are very conscious of busy HUDs.
Amper, I can see why there is a big discussion on HUD. The more limited it is the better, maybe a compas at the top, but the less visuals the better IMO. Finding the right amount to have on a HUD and also keep the player informed to complete the objective is key.

A mode to play without HUD's would be an awesome concept and definitely help with the realistic aspect for hardcore FPS MILSIM guys. I can imagine the discussions, Amper, around the office are just as intense as on the forums especially with the HUD issue. Especially with the style of game that SDiF is. Is the HUD something that will have a SITREP on? Or is it something that will be introduced during the official release announcement?
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Kridath wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:15 pm A mode to play without HUD's would be an awesome concept and definitely help with the realistic aspect for hardcore FPS MILSIM guys. I can imagine the discussions, Amper, around the office are just as intense as on the forums especially with the HUD issue. Especially with the style of game that SDiF is. Is the HUD something that will have a SITREP on? Or is it something that will be introduced during the official release announcement?
I imagine the more limited the HUD, the more challenging it will be to have a SITREP covering it (since there won't be many visuals to chat about). Never say never, though. You'll definitely see more of the HUD before release.
Kridath

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:54 pm I imagine the more limited the HUD, the more challenging it will be to have a SITREP covering it (since there won't be many visuals to chat about). Never say never, though. You'll definitely see more of the HUD before release.
Amper, even just a photo posted here on the forums of what the HUD looks like with a brief description on what we can expect from it would be pretty awesome.