…It’s not coming this year is it?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Stickfigure21

Re: …It’s not coming this year is it?

I’m in the same boat as you all and I do agree.

For one, if it’s going to be delayed, just rip the bandaid off and tell us instead of stringing us along. If it’s delayed again, so be it, but don’t make promises you don’t think you can keep. If you don’t know when the game will be done, don’t give us a date.

Yes, there is an element of frustration, but Amper note that it’s not directed at you. We all get you’re doing your best and only passing along the info your told and we appreciate all you do / done. It’s just a shame these doubts about the time line have to come up at all.

I am still very much looking forward to the game. There is a part of me that respects the hell out of the devs for saying “we’re not going to be putting out shit. If we release the game it’s going to be worth it.” But at some point I’ve got to resort back to the old “fool me once” line.

I get the timeframes you put out were never definitive, but still, I feel the community would benefit from greater transparency from the development side of things in general. If it is going to be delayed again, give us specifics. Why is it being delayed. What specifically made you come to this decision. What specific elements are / will you be working on to better improve the game.

I apologize if this post comes off a bit harsh, I didn’t intend for it to wind up being this blunt, but as some point just flat honesty and truth is exactly what the community needs.

-Steve
Mudroc0311

You guys are missing out on a great opportunity to learn from another one our experiences... the experience of "hurry up and wait." Hahaha, but on a more serious note. If Steven Spielberg rushed Saving Private Ryan, would it still be the iconic film of World War II?

The obvious answer is no. A rushed product is an inferior product and speaking for myself, if this product "Six days in Fallujah" is the medium in which the world will learn of our service and sacrifice during both operations "Vigilant Resolve" and "Phantom Fury" . Then I would hope that everyone involved in the "6DiF" project takes their part in telling our history seriously. Because real blood was shed on the ideological beliefs for both sides.

So, to Amper, Mr. Tamte and the rest of the team in Victura and Highwire Games, I thank you again for what you guys are doing. This product will be the medium I will use when my son reaches of age to understand what I, and the many men of the many units did to accomplish a common goal of ridding a city full of violent extremist.
Kean_1

Stickfigure21 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:27 pm I’m in the same boat as you all and I do agree.

For one, if it’s going to be delayed, just rip the bandaid off and tell us instead of stringing us along. If it’s delayed again, so be it, but don’t make promises you don’t think you can keep. If you don’t know when the game will be done, don’t give us a date.
Personally, I've never felt that the team was ever stringing us along. I also never got the feeling they were making promises they couldn't keep especially with the release. As of now, we have a time frame and no release date which is understandable.
Yes, there is an element of frustration, but Amper note that it’s not directed at you. We all get you’re doing your best and only passing along the info your told and we appreciate all you do / done. It’s just a shame these doubts about the time line have to come up at all.
I guess I'm not quite sure why there would be any frustration at this stage directed at any of the team. Folks seem to be genuinely excited about the news we have received so far. If anything, any angst seems to be coming from those who are understandibly anxious to get their hands on the game and want more information than what they are able to share t the moment.
I am still very much looking forward to the game. There is a part of me that respects the hell out of the devs for saying “we’re not going to be putting out shit. If we release the game it’s going to be worth it.” But at some point I’ve got to resort back to the old “fool me once” line.
They never fooled anyone. It was quite clear why development stopped the first time and to be honest, I couldn't blame them. If anything, they should be applauded for taking a risk brining it back knowing full well the animosity toward this project that still exists. .....albeit currently from a vocal minority.
I get the timeframes you put out were never definitive, but still, I feel the community would benefit from greater transparency from the development side of things in general. If it is going to be delayed again, give us specifics. Why is it being delayed. What specifically made you come to this decision. What specific elements are / will you be working on to better improve the game.
I strongly disagree. In fact, I have found their transparency quite refreshing. They have also been very open to feedback and answering questions including those about specifics regarding gameplay, etc.
I apologize if this post comes off a bit harsh, I didn’t intend for it to wind up being this blunt, but as some point just flat honesty and truth is exactly what the community needs.

-Steve
......and here I thought truth and honesty is exactly what Amper and his team have been providing all along. They have been very open with us.

I get folks are excited for more details and the eventual release of the game (so am I), but also think some frustrations are misplaced.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to chime in on this thread.

Yes, it will be tough for us to get the full game out this year. Procedural Architecture, especially, presents many challenges that have slowed us down. We have grown our team to more than 50 people, but we are still filling a few key roles with the experience needed to get the job done right. We’ll be talking more about our timing in a month or two.

In the meantime, we're hard at work on the next SITREP and we've added a few folks to our marketing team. We’re now in a stage of very rapid progress. We’re playing the game every day, and many of the big investments we’ve made in Procedural Architecture are paying off. Six Days definitely has feelings of tension and fear that are missing from other military shooters, and a lot of this is because you just never know what’s around the corner.

The support that we've seen on these forums is certainly more than we expected, and please know it's passed onto Peter and the dev team daily.