…It’s not coming this year is it?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Treesarefun

…It’s not coming this year is it?

We’ve gotten no trailers, no significant gameplay, no marketing, no news about a beta or playtest, no news about release dates, etc.

I can almost guarantee the next news we get about “timings” will confirm this suspicion. If they intended on releasing the game in Q4, we would have had a lot more advertising and news by now. We would already have a release date or at least a beta date.

I think it’s safe to say we are getting another delay.

It’s a shame, but if the game isn’t ready then don’t ship it. The same thing happened last year, and I saw it coming back then too. I’ve been counting down the weeks to Q4, but I think we’ll have to wait a bit longer.

Maybe next year boys
staropal0972

Re: …It’s not coming this year is it?

I suggested in a recent thread that they would aim to do an early access type of deal. But I don't think it is in their best interest to do that. It's certainly not out of the question.
Blade0351

I can imagine Amper just smacking his head against the wall since he's the one that has to deal with all the stuff on the forum. So he's going to his superior's begging them to let him release something to keep us all satisfied and they're like "Nah. You go handle it." And as he leaves the office, with a single tear falling down his cheek, he heads back to his cubicle to boldly face the comments.

On a serious note, my hat is off to you Amper. I know being the bridge must sucks and I can imagine you want to share more but aren't allowed to. So good work on at least being active on here.
Blade0351

When you release an awesome gameplay trailer and then nothing else even close to that for over a year and a half:
Attachments
bold-strategy-cotton.jpg
bold-strategy-cotton.jpg (137.22 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
aggimajera

Blade0351 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:19 am I can imagine Amper just smacking his head against the wall since he's the one that has to deal with all the stuff on the forum. So he's going to his superior's begging them to let him release something to keep us all satisfied and they're like "Nah. You go handle it." And as he leaves the office, with a single tear falling down his cheek, he heads back to his cubicle to boldly face the comments.

On a serious note, my hat is off to you Amper. I know being the bridge must sucks and I can imagine you want to share more but aren't allowed to. So good work on at least being active on here.
You're right man, Amper is definitely in a weird spot here XD
Seconded, tip my hat to Amper.
Tazzadar3

I am fine with the game being delayed, I just hope this time around they don't wait till the end of November again to tell us we are getting another delay. If it is being delayed, I would say let us know in September or October. Sooner rather than later.
BadKarma

Regardless of it being delayed, atleast we will get something in the form of SITREPs and supposedly, the next one has a longer duration, so there will be things to talk about.
Kean_1

BadKarma wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:25 am Regardless of it being delayed, atleast we will get something in the form of SITREPs and supposedly, the next one has a longer duration, so there will be things to talk about.
Agreed....

It doesn't take any level of clairvoyance to see the title possibly being delayed for any number of reasons. For many of us, this isn't our first rodeo waiting for an anticipated title during development so simply based on experience most should know to temper their expectations.

I'll feel more confident in a concrete release date once one is announced but still, based on experience, I'll always have some level of doubt.

IMO / IME, closed and public alphas/betas are the litmus test as to how ready a title is for release and whether it meets expectations. Until then, I just hope for the best but expect the worse.

I will say that from what I've seen so far and the level of engagement we continue to receive, my confidence is high for this one.
BadKarma

Kean_1 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:03 am
BadKarma wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:25 am Regardless of it being delayed, atleast we will get something in the form of SITREPs and supposedly, the next one has a longer duration, so there will be things to talk about.
Agreed....

It doesn't take any level of clairvoyance to see the title possibly being delayed for any number of reasons. For many of us, this isn't our first rodeo waiting for an anticipated title during development so simply based on experience most should know to temper their expectations.

I'll feel more confident in a concrete release date once one is announced but still, based on experience, I'll always have some level of doubt.

IMO / IME, closed and public alphas/betas are the litmus test as to how ready a title is for release and whether it meets expectations. Until then, I just hope for the best but expect the worse.

I will say that from what I've seen so far and the level of engagement we continue to receive, my confidence is high for this one.
I'm on the same boat, normally I prefer to have isolated Beta tests, but Early Access could be a posibility, case in point I bought Ready or Not but was met with disappointment, it's good but certainly far away from what a great tactical shooter can be, SDIF seems to have bigger funding behind it, that's why I remain optimistic despite the greater controversy outcry.
Kridath

Kean_1 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:03 am
Agreed....

Im hoping that its a closed beta/alpha with a soft release for only those interested. Those of us on this forum are going to be the best critics for the devs as we are here, communicating, and have realistic expectations of the game.

I really hope this is a soft/closed beta or alpha for people to test out for the developers rather than it going fully public for anyone.

Also a double edged sword. But I buy more games now through friends that I talk to rather than what I see. Not everyone will enjoy a game the same way.

Amper has been doing a great job with keeping us in the community informed on what is going on, and it must be hard for his hands to be tied and not to give us more concrete answers.