Documentary / Cutscenes

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

Documentary / Cutscenes

We are all aware that the game is structured as a documentary. I have some questions pertaining to the relationship between live-action footage and the gameplay. In the single player mode, how will that play out?

1.) Will a mission be selected, then a piece of the documentary plays, we play through the scenario, then the level is capped off with another documentary clip?

2.) Will the mission play out, we see clips of the documentary throughout the level that coincide with what just occured (or what will occur)?

3.) Will we hear only commentary from the Marines during gameplay in some parts

4.) Will there be animated cutscenes, or will everything that occurs take place in first-person?
BadKarma

Re: Documentary / Cutscenes

Good questions, these are probably the things that I'd rather not be answered due to not spoil the surprise, but I'd imagine and I'm positive they'll go all out with the documentary sections, it's been done in quite a bunch of titles, despite being few and far between in gaming.

But what I'd personally dig about the campaign's story would be that it doesn't hold your hand or tries explaining in numb terms what's going on. For example, every mission you'd be given a brief summary of events that have happened since your last mission and the situation of whatever crisis you are involved in. It would make me feel like I'm among troops who are cut off from news other than the CO giving our briefs and orders.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Documentary / Cutscenes

The interaction between documentary and gameplay varies between missions. When playing through the campaign, players will experience a mix of a few things that are relative to the specific mission at hand: short documentary-like video segments, in-game cinematic sequences, and audio-only clips. These vary from very specific setups for explicit one-off missions to broader commentary for missions that aren’t specific to a particular set of micro events (think macro events here).