New memeber and a question

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
reddrainn

New memeber and a question

Howdy all, Im sure this has been asked and sorry if it has, i looked but didnt see anything on it. Will there be PVP at some point? Thanks for the feedback.

Also a few other questions: Any chance for the 1st time ever in a 1st person shooter will see see dust fly off the bodies when hit?
Will we see blood, hopefully?
Will there be a weather options and finally will there be private servers to play on with mod options? Again, sorry if already asked.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: New memeber and a question

Hey red, welcome to the forums!

Yes, a bunch of these have been asked but to recap:
  1. We have no news on adversarial multiplayer right now. We are very focused on our single player, narrative campaign and cooperative multiplayer components.
  2. As far as combat goes, you can expect location-specific blood, but we don't believe we'll need high levels of gore to get our point across. More on this here.
  3. Yes, there are weather effects.
  4. No plans for mod support, but it's noted as a community suggestion.
reddrainn

You guys got some grease cooking with this game. I can already see great vision with it. Cant wait to play it. Multiplayer would be a huge added bonus and im sure many would agree. Hope it is added at some point.
Kean_1

For me and my friends, it's all about the co-op so I'm really glad that and SP are their focus for launch. The only thing that could put a wrench in it all is if they force matchmaking with randoms vs. allowing players to chose just to play with friends.
staropal0972

Kean_1 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:25 am For me and my friends, it's all about the co-op so I'm really glad that and SP are their focus for launch. The only thing that could put a wrench in it all is if they force matchmaking with randoms vs. allowing players to chose just to play with friends.
Right, don't make the same mistakes that Insurgency Sandstorm made. There is just no chance in hell I'm playing with randoms here.
Kean_1

staropal0972 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:01 am
Right, don't make the same mistakes that Insurgency Sandstorm made. There is just no chance in hell I'm playing with randoms here.
.....exactly.

Forced matchmaking absolutely ruined co-op in that game as well as the strict requirement to have a full team. .....so unless you have 5 (IIRC) friends on at the same time, you will be forced to play with random people which 99% of the time ruins the experience as they will likely go "Rambo", troll or do something else that will irritate the rest of the team.

I'm crossing my fingers that SDiF will be flexible in this regard by allowing people to do "invite only" matches and also without a full team for those times when your other friends can't join or won't be able to join until later. I don't even care if the difficulty remains the same with or without a full team. .....or maybe missing slots are filled by AI controlled by the host but that should be up to the player IMO.
BadKarma

I agree with Staro and Kean, having forced matchmaking would be detrimental to the experience, the ideal situation would be focusing on cohesive friend-like host matches such as private servers, (having a server browser is also a bonus if you want to play with people on Discord without adding them).

Which goes back to my previous post of game preservation, where friends can play together for years to come.
EddyG

I am brand new here. I just want to say, love what you guys are creating! It looks and sounds revolutionary. I agree with the guys above, being forced to play with random people would ruin the coop experience.

There is nothing like tactical co-op and my friends and I can't wait to get our hands on SDIF!