Interesting vid, possibly Fallujah

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Stickfigure21

Interesting vid, possibly Fallujah

Not exactly sure where this vid was shot, but very well could be Fallujah. Shows marines clearing a house. The dialogue is what’s important here. Listen to how they talk and how they handle the situation.

-Steve
Mudroc0311

Re: Interesting vid, possibly Fallujah

That's 3rd Platoon, Alpha 1/8 near the southern edge of Fallujah. And, when the insurgents start yelling "Takbir Alla Akbar" it's usually followed by an S-vest going off or any other booby trap.

That reminds me of the morning of day 4 when one of the insurgents lit the house on fire that we were clearing out... It all started when our Platoon Sergeant (who was a combat replacement for our other Platoon Sergeant who was shot in the head with his Kevlar helmet on days prior) volunteered to take point. Typically I would take point since I was a boot Lance Corporal. So I suggested to him several times before we stepped off to let me continue to run point since he is more valuable to the platoon than I was.

My squad then stacked up along side the outter wall of this building that we knew we had insurgents in. Prior to breaching SSGT prepped and baked a frag grenade and threw it in left handed. An insurgent was already on the outer courtyard waiting for us. The grenade went off but not before our SSGT was shot multiple times in his throwing arm. Either the blast from grenade or the AK fire knocked my SSGT clear acrossed the road.

Initially when I saw my SSGT get shot I flinched my head back saying "oh shh" and in that flinch 3 rounds went through the wall in front of my eyes, I remember the heat of the rounds traveling infront of my face and the brick or clay from the wall spraying into my BC glasses. My next reaction (being as I was 2nd man on the stack) was to push foward and overwhelm the enemy with fire suppority. I then button hooked to the right and lit up the first enemy with my squad closely behind me as they crossed. What I noticed on the floor were syringes (meaning these insurgents were doped up on drugs for performance reasons) that's when I entered the fatal funnel of the house while 2nd squad began to secure the outer cordon. While we began clearing the home for more insurgents my squad and I started to smell smoke and hear the chant "takbir allah akhbar" Also, at that same time a Marine on the outter cordon was shot in the leg and was calling out for a Corpsman. My Marine friends from 2nd squad started calling out my name assuming I was the one shot but I never responded back because I didnt want the insurgents in the house to know which part of the smokey house I was in.

We had to fight going up the stairwell and chase them from roof top to roof top in full gear. Eventually we would kill one and lose another in the transition from hopping roof to roof. The insurgent would later come back to a corner rooftop to try and throw a frag into one of the AAVs that we had called to Medevac the two wounded Marines from that engagement.

The insurgent missed the opening hatches inside the tracked vehicle. But, instead the frag landed near the track's links on its right side. At that time when the insurgent threw the frag he was then lit up by two SAW Gunners who were covering our retreat from the AAV. The shrapnel from that frag hit my LT in his back and me in the shoulder as we made a mad dash away from the AAV. Luckily for me the shrap was stop by the edge of my flak jacket, only a small jagged piece of metal had pierced through my skin. My friend then removed the shrap with a Gerber... and as they say the rest is history.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Interesting vid, possibly Fallujah

Stickfigure21 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:26 am Not exactly sure where this vid was shot, but very well could be Fallujah. Shows marines clearing a house. The dialogue is what’s important here. Listen to how they talk and how they handle the situation.
Thanks for posting, Stick. I'll get this to our research team and see if we have this in our archive.
Mudroc0311 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:08 pm That's 3rd Platoon, Alpha 1/8 near the southern edge of Fallujah. And, when the insurgents start yelling "Takbir Alla Akbar" it's usually followed by an S-vest going off or any other booby trap.
Thanks for the confirmation, and more importantly, sharing part of your experience with us. This brings me back to the point I've shared about us not physically being able to share the countless amounts of stories we've been told. Everyone who was present has a story, and we welcome more.