Survival Horror?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Tan_47

Survival Horror?

Greetings!
I remember hearing about Six Days in Fallujah when I was reading on Spec Ops: The Line. I found the history of this game to be quite interesting and hearing the re-announcement of this game was quite a surprise.

Regarding the overall tone, I recall the original game being described as a 'survival horror' in a non-traditional way; I immediately was interested in that concept. I'm wondering if this is being retained in the new iteration in any way.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Survival Horror?

For this iteration, we stopped using the words “survival horror” because we have found these words mean different things to different people. However, Marines told us that clearing houses reminded them of playing a survival horror game. We are doing many things to make clearing buildings in the game very frightening.

The pacing of Six Days will be slower and more methodical than most military shooters.
Tan_47

Re: Survival Horror?

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:31 pm For this iteration, we stopped using the words “survival horror” because we have found these words mean different things to different people. However, Marines told us that clearing houses reminded them of playing a survival horror game. We are doing many things to make clearing buildings in the game very frightening.

The pacing of Six Days will be slower and more methodical than most military shooters.
Thanks for the reply!
I can understand why the term 'survival horror' would lead to confusion (especially to people who are only familiar of the term in a specific manner). It's still nice to know that the game will retain the tense atmosphere of clearing houses with an emphasis on slow, tactical gameplay. The way you have described it reminds me a lot of the early Rainbow Six games and the SWAT series (Police Quest).