Next SITREP

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Aqua-Marine

Next SITREP

Can you say anything about the next SITREP topic now that the previous one on insurgent weapons has finally been released?
staropal0972

Re: Next SITREP

I second this. Updates I feel have been a bit too slow this year. Anything is better than nothing though.
Fallujah1019

Aqua-Marine wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:46 pm Can you say anything about the next SITREP topic now that the previous one on insurgent weapons has finally been released?
I wonder if it will be the medical system?
aggimajera

staropal0972 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:36 pm I second this. Updates I feel have been a bit too slow this year. Anything is better than nothing though.
For sure. But it feels like it's getting harder to suggest or contribute since we are seeing so little on the gameplay side. That's game development, though.
Blade0351

aggimajera wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:23 pm
staropal0972 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:36 pm I second this. Updates I feel have been a bit too slow this year. Anything is better than nothing though.
For sure. But it feels like it's getting harder to suggest or contribute since we are seeing so little on the gameplay side. That's game development, though.
I second this. And considering the game is supposed to be released in Q4 they really should be starting to hype this product and dropping more gameplay and info. I'd hate to see this masterpiece not do well because they lacked marketing.
BadKarma

I was thinking that maybe the best thing they can do IMHO is release it in late 2023 since there isn't the annual Call of Duty game and it won't be eclipsed and that means more sales.

But some people might prefer it to play it now, even me. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
Blade0351

BadKarma wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:37 pm I was thinking that maybe the best thing they can do IMHO is release it in late 2023 since there isn't the annual Call of Duty game and it won't be eclipsed and that means more sales.

But some people might prefer it to play it now, even me. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
I'm not sure how much the sales would increase if you pushed the game back. Regardless, I'll be buying this game and not COD since I'm sick of COD and want a real tactical FPS.
Fallujah1019

I agree Blade.
Last edited by Fallujah1019 on Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fallujah1019

Also from a console standpoint, there are not many games like this at the moment except for insurgency sandstorm if that even counts. People are already sick of how they ruined that game with dumb cosmetics like “captain crunch” from battlefield 5. However, ready or not and some other games like it are coming later but if they release it sooner it could stand out. But if a game like ready or not is released first people might think that they don't need another game like it at the moment. I get the other opinions though but I feel if they think it is ready to release they should do it as soon as possible.
Kean_1

BadKarma wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:37 pm I was thinking that maybe the best thing they can do IMHO is release it in late 2023 since there isn't the annual Call of Duty game and it won't be eclipsed and that means more sales.

IMHO opinion, CoD would have as much of an impact on this game as it would on any other from another genre entirely.

....so in that sense, yes, I could see a conflict if someone is the kind of gamer who decides to buy only one title at a time vs. multiple ones they might be interested in due to preference (e.g. maybe they like to concentrate on one game at a time), finance / budget constraints, etc. I could see where releasing SDiF during a CoD launch could impact sales in those scenarios but I don't see someone choosing one over the other due to any sort of similarity. I also wouldn't see a need for a lengthy delay past a CoD launch given how different the games are if that was a concern.
Fallujah1019 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:23 am Also from a console standpoint, there are not many games like this at the moment except for insurgency sandstorm if that even counts. People are already sick of how they ruined that game with dumb cosmetics like “captain crunch” from battlefield 5. However, ready or not and some other games like it are coming later but if they release it sooner it could stand out. But if a game like ready or not is released first people might think that they don't need another game like it at the moment. I get the other opinions though but I feel if they think it is ready to release they should do it as soon as possible.
This is true but in regard to Insurgency Sandstrom the short comings from that game (for me at least) is the fact that it was developed to be a game with gameplay aspects that sit between a casual shooter like CoD and a more serious one like SQUAD. The game also doesn't have a campaign and any hope of a tactical experience in co-op is absolutely ruined by the fact that the game forces players to team up with randoms in matchmaking. I'm really hoping SDiF will not take a similar tack wth it's co-op.

Unless you have the exact amount of buddies joining a game with you to fully fill a team, you will be joined by a stranger than more times than not will go storming into the objective, block your line of sight, refuses to communicate, may troll you or other players, etc., etc. Forced matchmaking In I:S is the worst part of that game IMHO. ....not questionable cosmetics.

Being a console player as well, if there was one game that is an immediate threat to making myself or my friends choose between it an the purchase of SDiF, that would be ARMA Reforger depending on when it becomes available for release on PS5. ....or maybe ARMA 4 if SDiF takes that long to release. However, in reality, the release of more than one good game around the same time has never prevented us from buying them. We simply split our time between them based on our mood or interest in each.

Reay or Not would definitely be a game I would say could be direct competition for SDiF. In either case, I would say that with the advent of next-gen hardware, we are just now experiencing the beginning of a renaissance of sorts for more authentic, tactical, hardcore shooters bridging the gap between PC and console. As more of these smaller studios port and develop these games for console, perhaps even AAA developers will realize there is a relatively untapped market to be exploited.

What gets me is that some of these big companies like Ubisoft , EA / DICE, etc. have franchises that could easily cater to this fan base and in some cases used to do just that before they were watered down. .....e.g. Tom Clancy Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, the Battlefield IP, etc.