Online Multiplayer

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
El_Nobbo_1st

Online Multiplayer

Hi, Just a couple of questions Will there be an online Multiplayer option?
will the co-op mode be against AI only?

Battlefield 2042 has been a massive disappointment and it seems players are fleeing the game in droves, I feel there is a excellent opportunity for something new to be developed to capture those players who’ve had enough of EA’s crap.

Thanks
BadKarma

Re: Online Multiplayer

Yes, there will be coop against AI and Amper said they will increase the player size, 4 people act as the fireteam. Wether they include something like a pvp mode is unknown to me, personally an environment like that wouldn't suit Six Days.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

BadKarma wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:19 am Yes, there will be coop against AI and Amper said they will increase the player size, 4 people act as the fireteam. Wether they include something like a pvp mode is unknown to me, personally an environment like that wouldn't suit Six Days.
This is correct (thanks Karma). Online cooperative play is very important to us alongside our single-player narrative campaign. We don't have anything to share on adversarial multiplayer at the moment.
Kean_1

El_Nobbo_1st wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:54 am Hi, Just a couple of questions Will there be an online Multiplayer option?

Battlefield 2042 has been a massive disappointment and it seems players are fleeing the game in droves, I feel there is a excellent opportunity for something new to be developed to capture those players who’ve had enough of EA’s crap.

Thanks
To be honest, CoD MW2 is going to be the real competition to BF2042. .....not a more simulative, authentic, tactical, CQC game like SDiF. Its really in a different genre IMO and that's coming from someone who really used to enjoy the BF series (e.g. BV, BF2, BC2 and BF3).

As they have said in one of the promo videos, this game will encourage real world tactics. It's far from the run & gun nature of CoD and even earlier BF titles. .....although BF used to be so much better than later iterations which took it more in the direction of their direct competition.

BF2042 was a flop because they steered so far away from what made that game unique that they abandoned their fan's by implementing aspects they thought would appease the masses. SDiF is more of a product catering to a certain segment of the community that IMO has been relatively untapped for many years on console.

Personally, I believe we are on the verge of a renaissance of sorts for "hardcore" titles like these on console and it's these smaller studios like Highwire who could be paving the way. With some already released, making their way from PC and / or currently in development with console in mind, the future is bright IMO.

I really believe there is a relatively untapped market that exists for titles like these and if one or two strike gold, perhaps then the AAA devs will finally sit up and take notice. ....some like Ubisoft with their Tom Clancy / Ghost Recon IP, EA / DICE's Battlefield, etc. will finally wake up and discover the potential their franchises have had all along. ....what they used to have already.

I own BF2042 but only because I saw potential in Portal. It came as no surprise to me the rest of the game would fail and if had not been for Portal, I would have made a hard pass on that title as I did with BFV, etc.

On the other hand, SDiF is shaping up to be a title with that mature, authentic, tactical game play my friends and I really enjoy. It also so happens that we enjoy co-op over PvP so SDiF is right down our alley so to speak. We're really looking forward to hearing more details about this mode and also the procedurally generated maps / buildings mechanics that I think could possibly provide an infinite amount of replayability depending on the variety, AI design, etc.
aggimajera

Kean_1 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:10 am
El_Nobbo_1st wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:54 am Hi, Just a couple of questions Will there be an online Multiplayer option?

Thanks
To be honest, CoD MW2 is going to be the real competition to BF2042. .....not a more simulative, authentic, tactical, CQC game like SDiF. Its really in a different genre IMO and that's coming from someone who really used to enjoy the BF series (e.g. BV, BF2, BC2 and BF3).

As they have said in one of the promo videos, this game will encourage real world tactics. It's far from the run & gun nature of CoD and even earlier BF titles. .....although BF used to be so much better than later iterations which took it more in the direction of their direct competition.

BF2042 was a flop because they steered so far away from what made that game unique that they abandoned their fan's by implementing aspects they thought would appease the masses. SDiF is more of a product catering to a certain segment of the community that IMO has been relatively untapped for many years on console.

Personally, I believe we are on the verge of a renaissance of sorts for "hardcore" titles like these on console and it's these smaller studios like Highwire who could be paving the way. With some already released, making their way from PC and / or currently in development with console in mind, the future is bright IMO.

I really believe there is a relatively untapped market that exists for titles like these and if one or two strike gold, perhaps then the AAA devs will finally sit up and take notice. ....some like Ubisoft with their Tom Clancy / Ghost Recon IP, EA / DICE's Battlefield, etc. will finally wake up and discover the potential their franchises have had all along. ....what they used to have already.

I own BF2042 but only because I saw potential in Portal. It came as no surprise to me the rest of the game would fail and if had not been for Portal, I would have made a hard pass on that title as I did with BFV, etc.

On the other hand, SDiF is shaping up to be a title with that mature, authentic, tactical game play my friends and I really enjoy. It also so happens that we enjoy co-op over PvP so SDiF is right down our alley so to speak. We're really looking forward to hearing more details about this mode and also the procedurally generated maps / buildings mechanics that I think could possibly provide an infinite amount of replayability depending on the variety, AI design, etc.
Man, Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 were the days. Even now those games still retain sizable communities and hold up in game design. I haven’t bought a game in that franchise since BF1, and I only played that for a total of 6 hours.