DLC/MTX

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
xxinfurnoxx

DLC/MTX

Firstly I'd like to say that even though (personally) I hope there is no micro-transactions, but do hope that we will have some actual DLC. Like more stories added in maybe different scenarios, like hostage rescue or high priority targets to eliminate. So my question is, is there any DLC road map coming in the future?
Blade0351

Re: DLC/MTX

While I think adding more to the game would always be appreciated I don't expect much and the reason being is this: the game is being developed to tell the stories of the Marines and other services members who fought in Fallujah. With how heavy it is focusing on that, I doubt we'd get DLC unless it was more missions with stories they wanted to tell from the battle that couldn't be included in the initial game. And I'm ok with that.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

We still have plans for a content road map to keep everyone updated on what to expect. What this actually looks like and entails is TBD, but it's still on our list of things we'd like to do.
Blade0351 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:57 pm While I think adding more to the game would always be appreciated I don't expect much and the reason being is this: the game is being developed to tell the stories of the Marines and other services members who fought in Fallujah. With how heavy it is focusing on that, I doubt we'd get DLC unless it was more missions with stories they wanted to tell from the battle that couldn't be included in the initial game. And I'm ok with that.
We can't confirm DLC right now, but it's not off the table. Our archive of stories is not only large but growing, and there definitely are captivating stories in the mix. For now, anything that's added to Six Days (whether that's regular content updates or DLC) will fit the subject matter at play. We will not be adding Barbie dreamhouse stories and skins.
Blade0351

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:37 am We still have plans for a content road map to keep everyone updated on what to expect. What this actually looks like and entails is TBD, but it's still on our list of things we'd like to do.
Blade0351 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:57 pm While I think adding more to the game would always be appreciated I don't expect much and the reason being is this: the game is being developed to tell the stories of the Marines and other services members who fought in Fallujah. With how heavy it is focusing on that, I doubt we'd get DLC unless it was more missions with stories they wanted to tell from the battle that couldn't be included in the initial game. And I'm ok with that.
We can't confirm DLC right now, but it's not off the table. Our archive of stories is not only large but growing, and there definitely are captivating stories in the mix. For now, anything that's added to Six Days (whether that's regular content updates or DLC) will fit the subject matter at play. We will not be adding Barbie dreamhouse stories and skins.
Ha! Awesome. Can't wait to see the finished game. I really appreciate you telling the stories of these Marines and service members. No game has really captured what it was like over there so to get something legit will be awesome.
Kean_1

If I'm not mistaken, the campaign and co-op / MP will be separate so I can see where new game modes, objectives types, layouts, etc. could possibly be added in the future. The campaign stories are mainly tied to the campaign IIRC. ....so while I could see new missions in the campaign, I could also see new elements added to MP that could be supported via MTX / DLC.

On that subject, I'm not opposed to MTXs but it depends on how they are implemented. In a game like this, that could be in the form of new unit packs, etc. The problem I have with paid DLC in co-op / MP is that it can divide the community. Fiends playing on new maps, etc. can't play with those who didn't buy the pack, season pass and so on.

MTXs can help developers continue supporting a game so IMO, they are not as bad as some make them out to be. Of course, they are not all the same either but as long as the model can encourage people to still play (even those who never buy MTXs), supply those willing to buy items with content they can enjoy and make it lucrative enough for the company to continue supporting the game, it's all good in my book.

Insurgency Sandstorm incudes MTXs but they are all cosmetic. Releases of new maps, weapons and so on are available to all owners of the game.

Hell let Loose is taking an interesting spin though as they are planning to have paid DLC map packs, etc. However, they acknowledge the divide this can cause in the player base which they consider a bad move. Their answer is to release the new maps to all but lock out certain content to those who didn't pay. IIRC, that would mean you can't play as certain classes, be relegated to basic weapons or something along those lines.

Personally, I prefer the Sandstorm approach with MTXs vs. HLL's answer by neutering the gameplay experience unless you pay.
xxinfurnoxx

Blade0351 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:43 pm
AmperCamper wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:37 am We still have plans for a content road map to keep everyone updated on what to expect. What this actually looks like and entails is TBD, but it's still on our list of things we'd like to do.
Ha! Awesome. Can't wait to see the finished game. I really appreciate you telling the stories of these Marines and service members. No game has really captured what it was like over there so to get something legit will be awesome.
Very awesome to hear! I can't imagine this game with barbie dreamhouse stories or skins for $ grabbing, thanks for confirming this will not happen. Really looking forward to seeing more gameplay.