4 Questions

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

4 Questions

Hello again! Once again I have a few questions.

1.) The gameplay shown last February showed the "Go Command" in action, where the player moved his hand and the terrain feature in question lit up in a sort of blue halo. As a gamer it made sense, but it felt just a tad odd aesthetically. I understand the necessity to have those displayed, but will there be the ability to turn that display feature off? Or might there be a more environmentally consistent way to display that?
2.) I feel there will be a lot of opportunity for the Go Command to give a command the player did not intend. Have you guys noticed that in play-testing?
3.) Will your squad mates ever refuse an order, reasonable or unreasonable?
4.) Animation. Animation in this case includes the actions of the players hands and weapon and the movements of the NPC's. While I loved the gameplay, a criticism that emerged is that the animations did feel a tad stiff in most regards. Of course I chalk it up to an early build. Given as how the game blends survival horror tropes with FPS gameplay, will there be an attempt by the game to make the animations have a more organic feel instead of seeming like a camera with a gun?
BadKarma

Re: 4 Questions

Good point about the Go Command display feature, it seems the most optimal way is for the game to be played without a HUD so it's plausible we would be able to turn those off.
aggimajera

BadKarma wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:09 am Good point about the Go Command display feature, it seems the most optimal way is for the game to be played without a HUD so it's plausible we would be able to turn those off.
I’d agree. No hud would be the only way I’d play this game if it were implemented.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

aggimajera wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:51 am 1.) The gameplay shown last February showed the "Go Command" in action, where the player moved his hand and the terrain feature in question lit up in a sort of blue halo. As a gamer it made sense, but it felt just a tad odd aesthetically. I understand the necessity to have those displayed, but will there be the ability to turn that display feature off? Or might there be a more environmentally consistent way to display that?
The blue marker that was displayed ended up being placeholder. We’re still working on a variety of permanent solutions, and we welcome feedback on this!
aggimajera wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:51 am 2.) I feel there will be a lot of opportunity for the Go Command to give a command the player did not intend. Have you guys noticed that in play-testing?
The Go Command's demo was pretty surface-level, and we plan to dive further into its feature set in the future. For now: players are given a couple simple and intuitive modifiers that allow you to be more specific with your commands. With these modifiers, our internal tests are showing players are able to issue exactly the order they want. Plus, the modifiers are simple enough that they’re easy to remember. We’ll get into more details about these modifiers later.
aggimajera wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:51 am 3.) Will your squad mates ever refuse an order, reasonable or unreasonable?
Teammates will not execute suicidal orders, and they also provide feedback to the player about the problem. However, the need to do this is limited because there are often a variety of ways to handle the order.
aggimajera wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:51 am 4.) Animation. Animation in this case includes the actions of the players hands and weapon and the movements of the NPC's. While I loved the gameplay, a criticism that emerged is that the animations did feel a tad stiff in most regards. Of course I chalk it up to an early build. Given as how the game blends survival horror tropes with FPS gameplay, will there be an attempt by the game to make the animations have a more organic feel instead of seeming like a camera with a gun?
Thanks for the feedback on this. There's been tons of work on the animation side of things since the demo. We're excited for everyone to see progress on this as we talk about the Go Command in-depth.
aggimajera

Thank you for the response to every question!
One idea that I had: a small white arrow, sort of like the spot feature in Hell Let Loose. Perhaps its can be semi-transparent surrounded by a sort of yellowish, warmed-colored particle area that evaporates after 1-2 seconds after being placed.