Moments of Non-Combat Ops

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

Moments of Non-Combat Ops

Will there be any moments of non-combat during the Six Days campaign? Moments like sitting in an LP/OP, or in a PB on a rest period chatting with your buds, doing field maintenance on your rifles, loading magazines. Or even sitting over crappy terrain models going over the scheme of maneuver for the next push, stuff like that?
Last edited by aggimajera on Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadKarma

Re: Moments of Non-Combat Ops

Definetily, what I'm most looking forward to are the stories of heroes, whether Marines, Soldiers or Civilians and it would be neat to have non combat moments as you mentioned.
Blade0351

aggimajera wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:53 am Will there be any moments of non-combat during the Six Days campaign? Moments like sitting in an LP/OP, or in a PB on a rest period chatting with your buds, doing field maintenance on your rifles, loading magazines. Or even sitting over crappy terrain models going over the scheme of maneuver for the next push, stuff like that?
Considering there will be interviews of the Marines and other involved with the op I doubt it but I think it would be great to throw in some stuff like this. Like before you roll out for a mission you're in the COP checking gear or maybe they drop you in right after getting a briefing over a terrain model. Just stuff like that would really add to the immersion.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Blade0351 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:22 pm Considering there will be interviews of the Marines and other involved with the op I doubt it but I think it would be great to throw in some stuff like this.
This is correct: most, if not all, of our non-combat moments are through documentary footage or brief moments before combat begins for planning. With that being said, we'll keep this suggestion in mind.
seedstench

I think that's a grand idea. I know they made an onion video a while back about spending hours fixing your vehicle and sitting. As silly as it sounds, I think it would really add immersion to have to spend like an hour total doing that stuff.
Blade0351

seedstench wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:19 pm I think that's a grand idea. I know they made an onion video a while back about spending hours fixing your vehicle and sitting. As silly as it sounds, I think it would really add immersion to have to spend like an hour total doing that stuff.
I absolutely remember that and it was freaking hilarious. And I stand by my earlier comment that if you want to have the mission start with showing the squad checking their gear or leaving a terrain model, even small moments like that would really add to the immersion and would be really appreciated.

I think there really needs to be distinct personalities for each Marines so you really get invested. Battlefield 3 did a REALLY good job of this in the campaign at the beginning. Like when you have to get out of the vehicle before your objective and go find the missing squad. The guys are talking the whole time and it really displays the brotherhood I think.