Multiplayer Co-op questions

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
stinkeye

Multiplayer Co-op questions

So I hear there is going to be co-op, but is it only limited to 4 players doing a campaign style game? Or will it also include a team of players doing a bot like hunt? Any player count limitations in the future?
Kean_1

Re: Multiplayer Co-op questions

stinkeye wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:32 pm So I hear there is going to be co-op, but is it only limited to 4 players doing a campaign style game? Or will it also include a team of players doing a bot like hunt? Any player count limitations in the future?
There will be a campaign with just AI to command IIRC and a co-op mode that you can play with friends. .....not sure what the team limit will be on co-op.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Kean_1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:32 pm There will be a campaign with just AI to command IIRC and a co-op mode that you can play with friends. .....not sure what the team limit will be on co-op.
This is correct (thanks, Kean)! Four players act at the fireteam level in Six Days, but we plan to grow the player sizes over time.
Kean_1

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:40 am This is correct (thanks, Kean)! Four players act at the fireteam level in Six Days, but we plan to grow the player sizes over time.
That's great to hear (re: growing the player count). I guess there would need to be some scaling of difficulty in that case assuming you will still be allowed to play with just 4 vs. 6 for instance? Perhaps not which IMO is just fine if we have to adapt.

In my case, we have a group of us old farts who play together but sometimes we have more than 4 on at a time. ....sometimes up to 7. It would be nice to be able to play with just 2 of us up to at least 6.

Also, can you tell me if when playing co-op that you will have the choice to just play with a friend or will you need 4 players. If does allow just 2 or 3 players working together, will the rest of the team be populated with other "randoms" or can we play privately with just 2-3 of us? Hope that makes sense.

Insurgency Sandstorm co-op is fun but it's biggest flaw is that it will not allow teams of less than 8 players. It also won't allow private sessions so basically, if it's just 2 or less than 8 of you, the rest of the team will be populated by random players. This ends up ruining most of the matches as most will not communicate, will not work as a team and often enough will end up trolling people. Most times they just run off like Rambo trying to get the most kills.

.....sorry for the long post but I'm curious.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Kean_1 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:07 am That's great to hear (re: growing the player count). I guess there would need to be some scaling of difficulty in that case assuming you will still be allowed to play with just 4 vs. 6 for instance? Perhaps not which IMO is just fine if we have to adapt.
This is a great question, and we certainly could tune this if that's something we want to do. Beta testing alongside feedback from you guys will be crucial on this in the future.
Kean_1 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:07 am Also, can you tell me if when playing co-op that you will have the choice to just play with a friend or will you need 4 players. If does allow just 2 or 3 players working together, will the rest of the team be populated with other "randoms" or can we play privately with just 2-3 of us? Hope that makes sense.
This has come up before, and we plan on diving deeper when we talk more about our multiplayer features. Thanks for the references to Insurgency, too. More awareness on what works and what doesn't in the genre is always helpful.