Next Gen Features.

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Kean_1

Re: Next Gen Features.

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:06 amA few of these features have been suggested here on the forums before, and we're definitely keeping them in mind. We see the value of these enhanced gameplay features, and so please keep more examples of these done well coming if you see them!
Will do but Hell Let Loose is probably one of the better examples out there as a sort of benchmark to provide ideas on just how helpful the features can be. .....worth checking out if anyone on the team plays it on PS5.

I just think it provides another level of immersion that could really take a game like SDiF (which is really all about trying to get players to understand what it must have been like for these people telling their stories) to another level. The sights, sounds and feel. The DualSense can really help transport you into that environment making the experience that much more immersive. It can also help with directional cues as vibrations can be tailored and even programmed for specifics sides of the controller. The triggers as well (as mentioned) for trigger pull, break and reset. .....or even felt recoil, a tactile indicator when the weapon is empty and so on.

I'm glad you folks are at least considering it.
Crunchie44

Agree 100%. The dualsense seemed like a gimmick to me in the beginning but it really does elevate shooters to a new level. Hell let loose feels fantastic with how they implemented the triggers. 6 days would benefit hugely from using the dualsense features. It would be a missed opportunity not to take advantage of it. Playing hell let loose on Xbox is nowhere near as satisfying as it is on ps5, thanks to the dualsense
xxinfurnoxx

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:06 am
Kean_1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:58 pm Does your plan to take advantage of the latest hardware include PS5's DualSense features? ....haptic feedback and adaptive triggers?

Hell Let Loose is one of the first titles I've played that makes good use of the new PS features and although not the same genre of game, so does GT7.

In HLL you can actually feel the weight of the trigger through resistance ad then finally the break. Recoil, explosions, the rumble of a tank, etc. .....it all makes it so much more immersive with the new DS controller when done right.

I hope you folks are planning to do something similar as I think the new PS hardware can really help bring that level of immersion even higher for this game.
A few of these features have been suggested here on the forums before, and we're definitely keeping them in mind. We see the value of these enhanced gameplay features, and so please keep more examples of these done well coming if you see them!
staropal0972 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:01 pm Crossplay isn't out of the question. They have said they want to bring it over, so no, most likely not.
Cross-play is high on our priority list, and our goal is to allow the community to play cooperatively with their friends regardless of platform. Defining this in more detail is something we'll pick up later. For now, we appreciate the references on cross-play and cross-gen, and I'll pass these to the team.
Okay sounds great on paper, but most games that are built for next gen do not do well on old gen. Or if they do then they aren't as technology advanced as they could be. I hope this isn't the case with SDIF as we need more full next gen games coming out. An example would be far cry 6 or BF2042 just do not play well on old gen.
Kean_1

xxinfurnoxx wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:04 pmOkay sounds great on paper, but most games that are built for next gen do not do well on old gen. Or if they do then they aren't as technology advanced as they could be. I hope this isn't the case with SDIF as we need more full next gen games coming out. An example would be far cry 6 or BF2042 just do not play well on old gen.
I think part of it has to do with the fact that SDiF has been in development so long while another is that a lot of fans are still playing on last gen hardware which would mean abandoning them if they made the game next gen only.

There's also the simple fact that there are still a ton of last gen players out there that either can't get a next-gen console or don't feel the need to at this point. From a business perspective, that's millions of potential customers you would be writing off. If the production issues weren't a factor, we likely wouldn't be seeing as many cross-gen titles still in development.

In either case, they said they will be developing the game for next gen and adapting it for last gen. ....not the other way around.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

xxinfurnoxx wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:04 pm Okay sounds great on paper, but most games that are built for next gen do not do well on old gen. Or if they do then they aren't as technology advanced as they could be. I hope this isn't the case with SDIF as we need more full next gen games coming out. An example would be far cry 6 or BF2042 just do not play well on old gen.
We absolutely see where you're coming from, and we're keeping benchmarks in mind. There is a balancing act at play here: the newest hardware allows us the best tools to craft the vision befitting those who were present in Fallujah. While the previous generation won't push as many limits visually, it's simply more accessible (at least right now).

Make no mistake, Six Days is still taking advantage of the latest tech.
xxinfurnoxx

I'm also interested in what features for next gen only there will be, as in ray traycing, environmental destruction (bullet damage to buildings/rpg/ied/other explosions), map size differences that type of thing. To be honest I don't see SDIF being able to utilize the full power of the S/X & PS5 while being able to have cross-gen playing available now cross-play shouldn't be a problem for S/X PS5 PC but not xbox one with S/X or ps4 with ps5 working, without compromising the next gen features imo. Thoughts or info would be appreciated thanks in advance.