Injuries and effects.

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
xxinfurnoxx

Injuries and effects.

Wondering if there will be body part specific injuries, that will have effects on your abilities to continue fighting or not? Examples would be best from Operation Flashpoint DR, when you got shot in the arm for instance you would no longer be able to ADS. Leg gets hit (times depending) you couldn't sprint, multiple hits 2-3 could result in dragging the leg and movement practically non extant. Your injuries had to be wrapped and would only stop the bleeding, not fully fix it. I'm just curious if SDIF will have anything similar in place or if it's more arcade and you just got from hurt to 100%. There's a huge shortage of tactical/milsim on consoles and I'd love for that to change.
xxinfurnoxx

Re: Injuries and effects.

Also it's been a really really long time since I've played Operation Flashpoint DR. So I know that the injury system it had was fairly indepth, but can't remember how indepth it truly was. I do know you could be downed/dragged to be patched up, as we would down a person as bait waiting to pick off any hero. I know this game isn't PVP but I'd still like these features to be included in SDIF, and think it would add alot of immersion/intensity to the game. If you had to get and drag your downed teammate to safety, and seeing the enemies doing the same.
Fallujah1019

xxinfurnoxx wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:44 pm Also it's been a really really long time since I've played Operation Flashpoint DR. So I know that the injury system it had was fairly indepth, but can't remember how indepth it truly was. I do know you could be downed/dragged to be patched up, as we would down a person as bait waiting to pick off any hero. I know this game isn't PVP but I'd still like these features to be included in SDIF, and think it would add alot of immersion/intensity to the game. If you had to get and drag your downed teammate to safety, and seeing the enemies doing the same.
xxinfurnoxx wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:37 pm Wondering if there will be body part specific injuries, that will have effects on your abilities to continue fighting or not? Examples would be best from Operation Flashpoint DR, when you got shot in the arm for instance you would no longer be able to ADS. Leg gets hit (times depending) you couldn't sprint, multiple hits 2-3 could result in dragging the leg and movement practically non extant. Your injuries had to be wrapped and would only stop the bleeding, not fully fix it. I'm just curious if SDIF will have anything similar in place or if it's more arcade and you just got from hurt to 100%. There's a huge shortage of tactical/milsim on consoles and I'd love for that to change.
I agree with you. The dragging part would add a lot of immersion which I like.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Location-specific damage is limited, but the degree of your injuries do affect many aspects of your mobility. I'll pass this to the team for discussions on this.

Thank you!
Raven

Yes such interactivity is truly some good USP. It is crucial, that behaviour changes and interactions also occur for enemies/npcs as well to create a believable scenario.