Been A Year + Visual Effects

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

Been A Year + Visual Effects

Still super pumped for this game. Its at the top of my wishlist, and I'm sure the same goes for several others. Dozens of ideas have been suggested, from what we gather your team has doubled in size, and development is in full swing. The sitreps are much appreciated, seeing this thing grow incrementally is appreciated from an artistic perspective. Few questions:

1.) With respect to all the work that Victura and Highwire has done so far (and in particular your sensitive position) it has been over a year since the last gameplay trailer was released. Is there any plans in the near(ish) future for another good look at the state of the game? It would be nice to see what work has been done since last March, see how the new assets look in-game, see if any suggestions manifested, see how the animations improved, ect.

2.) Is there any plan to introduce fog, dust, and dirt into the atmospherics and environment of the game, give it a "dirty" or "weathered" sort of feel?

3.) Has any thought been given to a sort of visual distortion effect, like the water droplet effects on your gas mask in the "Metro" series? This includes things like sweat in your eyes, eye protection, ect.
Raven

Re: Been A Year + Visual Effects

aggimajera wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:51 am [...]
2.) Is there any plan to introduce fog, dust, and dirt into the atmospherics and environment of the game, give it a "dirty" or "weathered" sort of feel?

3.) Has any thought been given to a sort of visual distortion effect, like the water droplet effects on your gas mask in the "Metro" series? This includes things like sweat in your eyes, eye protection, ect.

This would be nice + affecting scopes (red dots) and gear as well. Would be a good gameplay effect. On heavy weather the enemies should be affected as well ;)
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Been A Year + Visual Effects

It has been some time since our last gameplay trailer, and we hear you guys loud and clear on wanting to see more. We agree that video often does more than screenshots, and our plan most definitely includes more gameplay video. With that being said, we want to make sure we get the timing right on these as they fit into all the moving parts we have. I can't give a date on our next video yet, but we have you guys in mind. We're also very mindful of including more video assets into our SITREPs too.

There are weather effects, and we don't think you guys will worry about Fallujah not being "dirty" enough. We've also showcased a few examples of dirty equipment and weapons in the last SITREPs.

Lastly, thanks for the suggestions on visual distortion! I'll send this over to the team.