Updated Marine Model

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
staropal0972

Updated Marine Model

I would just like to share this new asset posted on ArtStation since not many people have probably gotten the chance to see for themselves:

This new updated Marine model looks absolutely great! Although I want to ask, why did the helmet return back to the tan chinstrap/cheekpiece? Previously in SITREP 2 it was shown to be olive green, were there variations of any sort? Also will the character faces look this detailed during gameplay? I would love to know. And keep up the great work guys!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Updated Marine Model

Thank you for the compliments! I’ll be sure to pass this to our character art lead.

As you can see, he occasionally posts to his personal ArtStation. Sometimes some of the materials shared are not necessarily the most recent (like with the helmet), or may not make it into the game entirely. In other cases, he shows works-in-progress and offers a deeper look into the wide range of assets we have in development.

With all the parts we have moving internally, our SITREPS are the best answer for an accurate look at what’s going into the game.
staropal0972

Re: Updated Marine Model

I may have made it clear earlier in the year when SITREP 2 came out, but I wasn't totally satisfied with the helmet design as seen before. The helmet design here on the ArtStation asset being shown here I find is a lot more accurate and maybe is actually the best version out there you guys put out.

The version that was shown off in the SITREP still looked inaccurate and out of place, I'm of course referring to this:

You guys can clearly see the first asset is more accurate and correctly proportioned, this one isn't. Whereas the SITREP image showed the Marine's ears being covered by the LWH, the ArtStation version shows his ears only being partially covered. Of course the helmet should not be completely covering his ear, so the ArtStation version is obviously the more accurate depiction, as seen here:

I do hope that is the one that makes it into the final version. The face textures look absolutely detailed/gorgeous as well. Just about everything on the new asset is better than the one shown in February. I'm sure most of you guys will agree with me.