Game mechanics about civilians

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
D-FENS451

Game mechanics about civilians

First of all, I want to congratulate with all the people who are participating in this project which (unfortunately, but predictably) is once again causing a lot of controversy.

Anyway, my question is if this game will have a mechanic about distinguish an actual insurgent from a civilian and viceversa, like for example the game SWAT 4, with the risk of making mistakes and if there would be situations where you can "capture" terrorists rather than killing them, maybe with them surrendering when the situation is desperate.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Game mechanics about civilians

Thank you for the support and welcome to the forums!

Civilians will be present in some missions, and engaging a civilian is a mission failure. As far as surrender goes: this is definitely something that happened during the battle. It’s something we’d like to do, but we can’t promise it yet.
Onlygolden1

AmperCamper wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:31 am Thank you for the support and welcome to the forums!

Civilians will be present in some missions, and engaging a civilian is a mission failure. As far as surrender goes: this is definitely something that happened during the battle. It’s something we’d like to do, but we can’t promise it yet.
I understand why the devs are taking this route (mission failure upon shooting civ) but this is definitely where mods come will come into play. This way the devs can work on their borderline "controversial" game without worrying about going overboard with certain things, and modders can add in all of those more brutal and hardcore type features that the devs were avoiding. The devs keep their hands clean, the mods are never officially affiliated with the game and then EVERYBODY WINS. So here's to hoping for mod support.
Don't Panic

Onlygolden1 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:35 pm
AmperCamper wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:31 am Thank you for the support and welcome to the forums!

I understand why the devs are taking this route (mission failure upon shooting civ) but this is definitely where mods come will come into play. This way the devs can work on their borderline "controversial" game without worrying about going overboard with certain things, and modders can add in all of those more brutal and hardcore type features that the devs were avoiding. The devs keep their hands clean, the mods are never officially affiliated with the game and then EVERYBODY WINS. So here's to hoping for mod support.
Is this in regards to the narrative campaign or to the multiplayer? I am assuming it's the multiplayer.
Recon4thCav

Should not be mission failure. ROE was lifted and we had permission to kill everyone. If this was a war crime, I know a lot of us would be in jail then.