Is the project still going on

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
sixdaysinf11

Re: Is the project still going on

you are talking nonsense, WE ARE TIRED OF WAITING, as simple as that, they said, game will be released december, and yet nothing. thats totally annoying, we are tired of waiting. what a nonsene delay
Kean_1

sixdaysinf11 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:22 am you are talking nonsense, WE ARE TIRED OF WAITING, as simple as that, they said, game will be released december, and yet nothing. thats totally annoying, we are tired of waiting. what a nonsene delay
The planned release time frame was Q4 of this year. That would be anytime between Oct-Dec but it was not a concrete release date. We were all waiting for that specific date but then it appeared they were not going to be able to hit that target. We now know it will be next year with a SITREP (and likely updated target) coming this month.

Its been said numerous times but this is a small studio working on this game with 50 or more folks. It's not a AAA studio who when they encounter an unexpected challenge can simply throw more resources at it to hit release targets, etc.

Personally, I expect this from smaller, independent developers which IMO is fine. I'd rather have a fully fleshed out game rather than one that has content cut out, mechanics dumbed down, etc., etc. just to release earlier than they can complete the work. They have also been very good at engaging with fans here in the forums answering questions, providing updates about game aspects when available, etc.

I don't see any nonsense on their end and demanding it be released earlier than they are able doesn't do anything to make that date come any faster in this case. I think most here (while perhaps some being disappointed) at least understand that.
sixdaysinf11

i disagree with you, they are JUST LAZY, they have wasted our time a lot and thats totally nonsense. also about small teams, thats totally crap too, they once said, they increased there team to finish this game this year and release in december , you can read where they said it and twitted about it too here: https://www.geekwire.com/2021/six-days- ... r-release/ , SO THEY ARE LAZY AND WASTE OUR TIME. SIMPLE
Blade0351

sixdaysinf11 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:20 am i disagree with you, they are JUST LAZY, they have wasted our time a lot and thats totally nonsense. also about small teams, thats totally crap too, they once said, they increased there team to finish this game this year and release in december , you can read where they said it and twitted about it too here: https://www.geekwire.com/2021/six-days- ... r-release/ , SO THEY ARE LAZY AND WASTE OUR TIME. SIMPLE
Tell us how you really feel. 😂 Goddamn bro, calm down.
Enthusiast

Yeah man I don't think "lazy" is what there problem is here, going out of there way to interview Marines Iraqis to make the experience more authentic and true to accurately depict what happened, is not lazy, most of there problems are because of having a small team of only 50 people, people that clearly have passion for this project to be the best it can be.
BadKarma

My guy calm down, it's hard to develop a videogame, especially the likes of this controversial project, if you think they are lazy (Which they aren't, I've seen the work history of Highwire and Victura employees, they are basically one of the most talented people in the industry that worked their way hard until they reached AAA development, you need lots of math and problem solving skills) If you think you can do a better job, get in the videogame industry and start your own game company business so you can create a game like this, if not you can stay angry or have patience.
sixdaysinf11

why should i start mine? im i programmer??? this is thier talent and thierjob and they are lazy in it. in my own field, i always meet up with my time frame. we are tired of waiting for this game., if they cant release this december (Q4) , as promised, then they should go to hell with their game, we are ALL TIRED OF WAITING.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

We certainly can understand the frustration. Six Days has not only been a massive undertaking for our smaller team, but it's also come with a unique set of challenges. It's very much a passion project for us, and we're taking all the steps necessary to get it right. If you'd like more context on why 2023 is more likely for release, please give this thread a read.

With that being said, we welcome comments and feedback as long as it's presented constructively. I'm locking this thread as it's violating our Forum Rules. Feel free to send me a PM with any questions.