Call of Duty 2023 Off Year

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

Call of Duty 2023 Off Year

Reports surfaced today that, due to Call of Duty’s stagnating sales last few years, they’re taking the year off in 2023.

Is this going to factor into Six Days’ release schedule?
stormycrown22

Re: Call of Duty 2023 Off Year

aggimajera wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:54 pm Reports surfaced today that, due to Call of Duty’s stagnating sales last few years, they’re taking the year off in 2023.

Is this going to factor into Six Days’ release schedule?
most likely not since they have nothing to do with one another. plus the more recent cod and battlefields have been garbage so they really have nothing to worry about as long as they stick to their guns. plus this game aim for realisim which isnt what cod does. cod and bf doesnt fall under mil sim while this game will (from what i see atleast)
Immune

Re: Call of Duty 2023 Off Year

aggimajera wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:54 pm most likely not since they have nothing to do with one another. plus the more recent cod and battlefields have been garbage so they really have nothing to worry about as long as they stick to their guns. plus this game aim for realisim which isnt what cod does. cod and bf doesnt fall under mil sim while this game will (from what i see atleast)
The only caveat I would add regarding COD/BF iterations was Medal of Honor (the Special Forces version). Of the modern iterations, the MoH single player story mode came closest to providing insight, even if only a tiny snapshot. I still do not understand why (other than $$$) they did not pursue that line of game development, instead going with futuristic, fantasy concepts that have no connection with reality.

To caveat, MoH was still a run-n-gun, but they paced it well and provided decent backstory. Having said all that, Six Days in Fallujah has me very excited. If they are able to deliver what they advertise, which few do these days once development begins cutting into anticipated profits, this may very well serve as potential therapy for PTSD. That is one of the aspects I am looking forward to testing my theory after playing guinea pig with the VA for the last 15 years.

As to the OP's concern, I sure hope not. If COD/BF had any connection with this game/studio/developer, we are all wasting our time even looking at this product. Based on what I have seen thus far, the two have as much to do with each other as Ace Combat does with DCS. And if you have not seen either, they are not related in any way.