Head Movement

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Gen.Phasulius

Head Movement

I can't describe how hyped I am for this game. I was waiting for ages for a game like this that focuses on story telling, and especially in the Iraq War as I am fully interested on Middle East topics.

Now, my actual question is if there will be the freelook option, meaning you can turn your head around and watch, regardless of where your rifle is aiming toward. I think this is a must in tactical military games and I would really like to see it implemented. I have watched the released gameplay but I wasn't able to spot a moment where the player turned around his head (maybe I am bad at spotting, dunno).

If there's any update on that, let me know :)
Kean_1

Re: Head Movement

@Gen.Phasulius,

Do you have an example of an FPS game that has this feature? I'm not being snarky but just curious how it works in an example. .....especially on console as I can see it being a bit awkward. I know it's been done but I'm just trying to remember a title that allowed you to do that which wasn't third-person view.
Gen.Phasulius

The games I have in my mind are Squad and Arma. But it's my bad,as both games are on pc and apparently my question maybe didn't take into account console limitations due to the controllers.maybe one way it could be implemented is by holding down the R3 and moving it around you can turn your head, while my simply rotating the R3 you rotate the rifle
BadKarma

We still don't know if the game's controls are simplistic console based or pc-like tactical, but i imagine It will be a mixture of both.

Another thing that is unknown and ultimately very curious to me is if the PC version will retain some features compared to the Console versions, like Rainbow Six Siege did, when you couldn't lean when outside ADS view in PS and Xbox for example.
Kean_1

Gen.Phasulius wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:52 am The games I have in my mind are Squad and Arma. But it's my bad,as both games are on pc and apparently my question maybe didn't take into account console limitations due to the controllers.maybe one way it could be implemented is by holding down the R3 and moving it around you can turn your head, while my simply rotating the R3 you rotate the rifle
Yeah, no worries as like @BadKarma says, the PC version of the game could in fact have other control options console won't but then again, that's not saying they couldn't integrate it like you said. Now that I think of it, I believe DayZ does that (hold down the stick) to free look. It's been a while since I was renting a server for our group but I thought I recall the feature was added.

I was just trying to find an example I could relate to as its not often I've seen that feature in an FPS.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Sorry I missed this! Pushing our SITREP had me moving in a few directions today.
Gen.Phasulius wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:26 am Now, my actual question is if there will be the freelook option, meaning you can turn your head around and watch, regardless of where your rifle is aiming toward. I think this is a must in tactical military games and I would really like to see it implemented. I have watched the released gameplay but I wasn't able to spot a moment where the player turned around his head (maybe I am bad at spotting, dunno).
While we don't have plans for this, I've noted it down as a suggestion. I can see its uses (and maybe we find a place for it in the future), but no plans at the moment.
Gen.Phasulius

I see, good to know! Thank you
Carthago Nova

ground branch it´s a good example
BadKarma

When going CQB where most of SDIF is going to take place, i would rarely use it, that said, its a good feature when doing overwatch as a sniper/marksman. I just dont see a good enough advantage when youre the doorkicker.
Tinn

Agreed, head movement is is incredibly useful in CQC situations, Ready or Not makes good use of this feature, but again on PC.