Plans to release any new video?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
staropal0972

Plans to release any new video?

The SixDaysGame YouTube channel has been drier than ever, with its last video being published almost a year ago. Is there any plans to change that and release a new video to make the content fresh for those who don't use the forums or know about the forums at all?
Blade0351

Re: Plans to release any new video?

staropal0972 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:51 pm The SixDaysGame YouTube channel has been drier than ever, with its last video being published almost a year ago. Is there any plans to change that and release a new video to make the content fresh for those who don't use the forums or know about the forums at all?
Amper mentioned that a new SITREP is coming soon. Hoping they add a video. If I'm not mistaken, he also said they'd be showing off gear and equipment changes that have been made based on the forum feedback. Really hoping for a good detailed look at this stuff and a new video would be great.
staropal0972

Blade0351 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:37 pm
staropal0972 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:51 pm The SixDaysGame YouTube channel has been drier than ever, with its last video being published almost a year ago. Is there any plans to change that and release a new video to make the content fresh for those who don't use the forums or know about the forums at all?
Amper mentioned that a new SITREP is coming soon. Hoping they add a video. If I'm not mistaken, he also said they'd be showing off gear and equipment changes that have been made based on the forum feedback. Really hoping for a good detailed look at this stuff and a new video would be great.
I've previously suggested to Amper that doing developer diaries through videos like other developers are doing with their games would help us digest information better as opposed to reading it all in one go. Although I just want to see more gameplay videos or trailers, something more tangible than just a blog style post.
Blade0351

staropal0972 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:02 pm
Blade0351 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:37 pm
I've previously suggested to Amper that doing developer diaries through videos like other developers are doing with their games would help us digest information better as opposed to reading it all in one go. Although I just want to see more gameplay videos or trailers, something more tangible than just a blog style post.
Agreed.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

We absolutely have plans to change this, across all of our social platforms. We've barely scratched the surface with our marketing thus far, and we have many ideas on more activations across the board (this includes community ones too).

Full disclosure for the next SITREP: its format will be similar to the previous one. This is not us dismissing the idea of video diaries (as these are very compelling), but this upcoming entry was intended to be an update for our community over a marketing campaign. That said, we understand news has been dry. For those who do not use the forums, we have plans to expand our reach into the Steam community hub for Six Days with this next SITREP and future ones.
Kean_1

At this stage, I am simply happy to have any news I can get my hands on that will provide a more concrete picture of what my friends and I can expect from the various gameplay elements, mechanics and so on. As we draw closer to release I would have already expected to see more gameplay footage and videos. For now, any information in any form (and as much of it) is welcome IMO.

To be honest, I just don't see a real need to spend time marketing the game to the masses at this stage. More interest and engagement is always good but I fully expected that would occur as the game comes closer to a more finished state.

Kinda early IMO to be worrying about marketing the game to a wider audience. Besides us more diehard fans, no one is really tracking the game, not even the critics which maybe is a good thing. .....but I'll wager that will change when things finally ramp up.

Personally, I'm not worried about SDiF being marketable to the masses but I think the timing needs to be right.
aggimajera

Kean_1 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:12 am At this stage, I am simply happy to have any news I can get my hands on that will provide a more concrete picture of what my friends and I can expect from the various gameplay elements, mechanics and so on. As we draw closer to release I would have already expected to see more gameplay footage and videos. For now, any information in any form (and as much of it) is welcome IMO.

To be honest, I just don't see a real need to spend time marketing the game to the masses at this stage. More interest and engagement is always good but I fully expected that would occur as the game comes closer to a more finished state.

Kinda early IMO to be worrying about marketing the game to a wider audience. Besides us more diehard fans, no one is really tracking the game, not even the critics which maybe is a good thing. .....but I'll wager that will change when things finally ramp up.

Personally, I'm not worried about SDiF being marketable to the masses but I think the timing needs to be right.
Part of the reason it went down last time was due to an early unveil. It seemed early enough in development that Konami didn't see it as a big issue to drop it, and it left them floundering. Perhaps you're right, in the sense that a marketing campaign might not suit this game at the present moment. Every time the devs here even take a breath activist groups and Twitter users leap down their throats screaming bloody murder.

That said, at least they're self-published this time. Gotta say, being a dev on the project must be surreal.
staropal0972

Any idea of when to expect the next sitrep? We've been waiting very eagerly since November.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

staropal0972 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:10 pm Any idea of when to expect the next sitrep? We've been waiting very eagerly since November.
Thanks for being so patient with us as we round out this next SITREP. You guys can expect it next week.
Kean_1

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:53 pm

Thanks for being so patient with us as we round out this next SITREP. You guys can expect it next week.
Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to more news about how the game is progressing.