Different Sectors = Different Units?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

Different Sectors = Different Units?

We are aware that the core experience centers around 3/1’s push into west Fallujah. Given the games focus on 3/1 Marines, it totally makes sense to focus on their exploits.

Assuming the entire city of Fallujah is depicted in this game (and not just the sectors of 3/1), is there a possibility we can see the other Marine units depicted? And will this notion of differing units be incorporated into the campaign or coop, somehow?

(I ask because my unit was 1/3, and their role in Fallujah was the stuff of legend to us. Particularly the role of Sgt. Peralta.)
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Different Sectors = Different Units?

Originally, we were going to focus mostly on 3/1 because this is where a lot of our original stories came from. Over time, it became clear this wouldn’t give players the broader understanding of the battle that we want provide, and so we also began speaking with Marines from other battalions as well as Soldiers from specific Army units.

As you noted, there were some truly extraordinary people and situations across many different units. In truth, it will be impossible for us to cover all of these comprehensively because of the time it would take to do these right, alongside the confusion it would create for players if we jump between too many stories and characters. On top of this, we would want to be sure all participants, or their families, are fully supportive of how these stories are told.

In short, we can’t speak publicly about specific stories and units right now, but Six Days will include a variety of Marine and Army units.
aggimajera

Re: Different Sectors = Different Units?

AmperCamper wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:24 pm Originally, we were going to focus mostly on 3/1 because this is where a lot of our original stories came from. Over time, it became clear this wouldn’t give players the broader understanding of the battle that we want provide, and so we also began speaking with Marines from other battalions as well as Soldiers from specific Army units.

As you noted, there were some truly extraordinary people and situations across many different units. In truth, it will be impossible for us to cover all of these comprehensively because of the time it would take to do these right, alongside the confusion it would create for players if we jump between too many stories and characters. On top of this, we would want to be sure all participants, or their families, are fully supportive of how these stories are told.

In short, we can’t speak publicly about specific stories and units right now, but Six Days will include a variety of Marine and Army units.
I see. Given the footage so far I was under the impression it was a squarely 3/1 focused game. I remember watching a video reaction from Jason Lilley from 1st Recon on his YouTube channel Savage Actual, and he stated he might write you guys. It makes one wonder what you guys have up your sleeves.

Cant wait to hear more!