Map and Faction/Sides

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
NotTodayWillJ

Map and Faction/Sides

Firstly, I was just wondering weather the map will be cut down into different sectors/districts or weather Fallujah is open for you to walk across.

Now, onto factions, I have read that insurgents are unplayable, I understand. But will it just be the marines, or can you play as US army, and I know that the British might not be in the game even though they were part of the encirclement around Fallujah. I also saw that you could play as civilians stuck between both sides of the fight.
Now the insurgents, will there be just Iraqi insurgents or will there be others like there were in Fallujah, such as Chechens, Filipino, Saudi, Libyan and Syrian etc.

Looking forward to this game btw

Edit: I forgot to add that the Iraqi Security forces took part in this battle, will they be included?
So for the overall faction/side question who will be playable, or will this game be fully focused on the USMC?
staropal0972

Re: Map and Faction/Sides

NotTodayWillJ wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:28 pm Firstly, I was just wondering weather the map will be cut down into different sectors/districts or weather Fallujah is open for you to walk across.

Now, onto factions, I have read that insurgents are unplayable, I understand. But will it just be the marines, or can you play as US army, and I know that the British might not be in the game even though they were part of the encirclement around Fallujah. I also saw that you could play as civilians stuck between both sides of the fight.
Now the insurgents, will there be just Iraqi insurgents or will there be others like there were in Fallujah, such as Chechens, Filipino, Saudi, Libyan and Syrian etc.

Looking forward to this game btw

Edit: I forgot to add that the Iraqi Security forces took part in this battle, will they be included?
So for the overall faction/side question who will be playable, or will this game be fully focused on the USMC?
There are some missions that involve in the US Army perspective. British forces will be tagging alongside the Americans as friendly AIs, and Iraqi security forces were originally planned to be included in the 2009 original. Chechen insurgents were also planned to play a role in some of the missions and stories of the 2009 original. I can imagine they'll expand into more foreign types of insurgents as they weren't all Iraqi.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Map and Faction/Sides

Regarding map size: yes, playable areas will be districts and neighborhoods because Six Days is much more focused on recreating a high level of detail inside small areas, rather than a smaller amount of detail across a big area.

Regarding factions: we’ll be talking much more about playable and non-playable factions in the future. As Staro mentioned, we have confirmed there will be missions in which you will play as US Army Soldiers, in addition to the missions you play as US Marines. As you noted, the British missions are trickier. Officially, British involvement was restricted to encircling the city, but this doesn’t necessarily tell the whole story.