How “graphic” will the game be?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Stickfigure21

How “graphic” will the game be?

Just curious how far the devs are going to go in the graphic content of the game. I’ve never been a fan of games that shy away from graphic content especially if it’s a game like this, I feel like the game needs to be graphic enough, showing dismemberment without being cartoony if that makes sense.

Having said that, how far will the game go? Suicide bombers? Car bombs? Dismemberment?

-Steve
staropal0972

Re: How “graphic” will the game be?

From what I heard they don't want to push the envelope too much on graphic content, but they also don't want to sanitize the whole experience. To the best of my knowledge it is going to handle violence similarly to most shooters today.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

staropal0972 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:59 pm From what I heard they don't want to push the envelope too much on graphic content, but they also don't want to sanitize the whole experience.
Exactly. We don’t believe we’ll need high levels of gore to get the point across.

With that being said, we are not shying away from suicide bombers and car bombs, for example. These were an absolute reality.
Stickfigure21

It’s a fine line to walk, I’ll give you that. 100% agree that it shouldn’t glorify and rely on gore, but you can’t sanitize it ether.

-Steve
Tazzadar3

I don't think gore necessarily glorifies war.
Perfect example is "Saving Private Ryan", Steven Spielberg made the movie intentionally graphic to portray the brutality of war and it is a anti war film.
Just putting that out there because I think it would benefit the single player aspect of the game.
Stickfigure21

Agree. Gore needs to be in the game for it to be realistic, but it needs to be gore that upsets the player. It should almost be upsetting to look at. That’s where the realism comes from.
NotTodayWillJ

Yeah, in another game: Rising Storm 2 Vietnam, its pretty danm gory, it is also quite depressing to see young men die crying for their parents chocking on their own blood (this is seen with both sides), will things like that be in the game?
xxinfurnoxx

I greatly agree with this topic, the game should have realistic gore. Too often games/movies come out where they sanitized the gore, and in the end the game/movie seems to glorify the concept of war. Seeing it in person is a lvl that will never truly be captured by any form of media, depression, terror, and overall uneasiness in the air. Making the game realistic (not just gory) would be amazing to see, one day maybe we will get that, but as the world sits people are not willing to give it a try, which to me is ironic because we're all about not upsetting anyone right?
Stickfigure21

I’m glad that vets are heavily involved in the development of this game. The aspect of gore is better understood when someone who was there describes it. Shit like that doesn’t leave your memory. There’s one interview done of Joe Galloway who was at LZ X-RAY in Vietnam and even 50 years after the war he describes carrying a wounded soldier to a helicopter, I’ll link it below.

Use what the vets remember, memories like that, however traumatic, are resources words on a page in a book can’t describe.

-Steve
Carthago Nova

I think the gore it doesn´t need to be exaggerated, just realistic. I´d love this game more than I think I´m gonna love it if the game got a realistic gore