Unpopular Opinion: I’m happy the game is delayed

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Stickfigure21

Unpopular Opinion: I’m happy the game is delayed

Go ahead, nail me to a cross, but believe it or not, I’m actually not mad at all that the game is delayed.

I would much rather have a game next year that is immersive, accurate, and quite possibly the best modern shooter we have ever seen, than a buggy, shitty mess with mounds of things wrong rushed by the end of the year.

It’s clear the devs are focusing in more on the core quality of the game rather then the financial incentive. The whole call of duty franchise just focuses on cranking out the same recycled shit every year just so they can line their pockets and toss the real vets and the real stories in the gutter.

Trust me, I want to get my hands on this game just as much as the next person, but I want it to be a game that truly is everything my expectations has built it up to me. I would hate to think it was rushed and pushed out there to the public because of demand.

This game is meant to be a service and a tribute to the veterans. That’s some pretty fuckin big boots to fill and so far EVERY game that’s tried has let us down. For once, I’m glad to see a team decide that “getting it right” was more important than “getting it out”.

This game hits pretty close to home as I’ve got a family member who was KIA in Iraq fighting with the 82nd Airborne in early 2004. It’s clear the team’s goal isn’t to glorify the war, justify the war, denounce the war or push any sort of political agenda. From what I’ve seen, all their focused on is getting it right.

That’s all I’ve got, I’ve said my peace.
staropal0972

Re: Unpopular Opinion: I’m happy the game is delayed

Not mad either. In fact it boosts my will to support the devs and publishers in anyway possible!
Encrypto

Me too!

I’m so happy with the news that the company are putting much more into this game.

I love a good story in a game, but when it has meaning it is so much more. It’s truly so disappointing when a game misses the mark of greatness when it had all the pieces to be a masterpiece.

So I’ve very much behind the team on this one too! I am so excited for this game, especially on the next gen tech! But happy to wait another year for a groundbreaking piece of history.

Keep up the great work all!

📣
stormycrown22

Stickfigure21 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:36 pm Go ahead, nail me to a cross, but believe it or not, I’m actually not mad at all that the game is delayed.

I would much rather have a game next year that is immersive, accurate, and quite possibly the best modern shooter we have ever seen, than a buggy, shitty mess with mounds of things wrong rushed by the end of the year.

It’s clear the devs are focusing in more on the core quality of the game rather then the financial incentive. The whole call of duty franchise just focuses on cranking out the same recycled shit every year just so they can line their pockets and toss the real vets and the real stories in the gutter.

Trust me, I want to get my hands on this game just as much as the next person, but I want it to be a game that truly is everything my expectations has built it up to me. I would hate to think it was rushed and pushed out there to the public because of demand.

This game is meant to be a service and a tribute to the veterans. That’s some pretty fuckin big boots to fill and so far EVERY game that’s tried has let us down. For once, I’m glad to see a team decide that “getting it right” was more important than “getting it out”.

This game hits pretty close to home as I’ve got a family member who was KIA in Iraq fighting with the 82nd Airborne in early 2004. It’s clear the team’s goal isn’t to glorify the war, justify the war, denounce the war or push any sort of political agenda. From what I’ve seen, all their focused on is getting it right.

That’s all I’ve got, I’ve said my peace.
I dont think it's a unpopular opinion. I believe that majority of this community was expecting it and hoping for it. I think your opinion is prob similar to most. We can all agree that the original plan release was a stretch lol.
aggimajera

I don’t think your opinion is an unpopular one. Most people here seem to have the same desires for this game to be the best it can be. A delay now will save us from a lifetime of anger they rushed such a meaningful product.