3rd Person and First person point of view

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Don't Panic

Re: 3rd Person and First person point of view

RubyFox wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:30 pm Uh no way, strictly first person view only or we riot.
hahaha love the passion
Eseicos

I respect your opinion, but I think it is not necessary to be so blunt. Games like Arma3, which you have surely played and I think is one of the most tactical and realistic games of the moment, allow you the option to change your view, if you don't like it, don't use it, but why limit the game to people who can't play first? Anyway, the game developers will decide. Regards my friend
RubyFox

Eseicos wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:49 pm I respect your opinion, but I think it is not necessary to be so blunt. Games like Arma3, which you have surely played and I think is one of the most tactical and realistic games of the moment, allow you the option to change your view, if you don't like it, don't use it, but why limit the game to people who can't play first? Anyway, the game developers will decide. Regards my friend
Because the Marines in real life don't get the option to float around and see the world in third person. You're literally participating as the infantryman who was there in first person and seeing things from their perspective, which is First Person. ARMA3 might be a combat simulator, but it has no basis in historical-realism unlike with the Battle of Fallujah nor were they out to imitate anyone, therefore they could afford to be lenient with allowing third-person.

ergo, if you think its horrible that you can't use third person to see who's hiding behind the walls, congratulation, that's how those Marines felt as well.
Eseicos

An army soldier, it is true, he experiences it in the first person, I know well I am a veteran of one, but the soldier and all people have a capacity that is the peripheral sight that allows him to see from the sides without moving his head or his weapon, in games and more in simulators is very difficult to implement. Only with the trackir system you get something similar, it would be good if you could implement it in this game, since it allows you to move the head independently of the weapon and be able to look to the sides. Normally in the FPS the whole body moves together with the weapon. My comment about the third person, is not that they make this game only in this view, it is that they give the option to the players, and more to those who have dizziness problems, that they can choose the view in which they feel more comfortable when playing . In short, I play in first and in some games in third, the two views are good for me and I think it is good to let you choose which option you want, you can also increase the sales of copies by having both options. Sorry for the roll and a greeting.
Jeff

For me, it's better when we see the helmet in third person, it remenber us at any moment who we are, an USMC soldier.

The first release of the game was in third person and I have been waiting for this game for 12 years with gameplay footage of 2009, I will be disappointed if the game was just in first person.

When you see a footage in iraq on youtube, it's very rare that we see the weapon view but the camera is behind.

i prefer to see my player, we can see the camo all the time, see when we throw a grenade, when we reload and when we shoot and it is better than to see the weapon only (for me) otherwise it would be a exact copy of Battlefield 3

Personaly i prefer this point of view for realism as originally planned in 2009
but that's just my opinion.

The best example is Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 on XBox 360 because we can also give orders with hand signs like in the gameplay demo of SDIF

i think the best is to let us the choice between the two points of view like says @RealTimeGamer :

"I would love to suggest that the game should have both a 3rd person and First person point of view. Atleast allowing players to be comfortable with which ever way they will love to play.

I Don’t think it should be limited. If we are looking forward to players really getting the full potential of the game. I just best think we give them from all angles. I personally think it will have more impact with both styles.

Just a suggestion."

The game would be more complete with two points of view,

as we can see in the video at 13"

Good luck to the developers, thanks to them for their work.

I really have great respect for all Americans and even more for the veterans who went to fight in Iraq for the freedom of the world

Jeff from Belgium
Ni_0203

TipOfTheSpear

"Yes, we believe the first person perspective is the best method for translating these real-world stories."

Hey, yeah, so you're wrong... It your alls' game, so do what's you do, but from someone who was there I can't tell you how important peripherals were. In theory 1st person seems more like a simulator but in translation it's more like tunnel vision. Now if you're trying to capture the tunnel vision created by high stress situations then have the game switch to 1st person when kicking doors and clearing houses and back to 3rd person when moving on the streets or posted up in any overwatch position. This I think would be the most accurate depiction as well as keepind both the 1st and 3rd person fans happy and at bay. However I would also add other elements to the game when moving into 1st person perspective (muffled sound, ability to gear your own heartbeat, inability to use non vital components of the game such as viewing a map, saving progress, or changing loadout, etc...) If you're going for accuracy this is the way to achieve it. If you're going for a cash grab to appeal to the majority 1st person preference then by all means carry on.
TipOfTheSpear

Also like to say this topic is the perfect depiction of the term 'toxic gamer' the reason people like me who were actually there don't like talking to hardcore gamers is because topics like this give toxic gamers the ammunition to belittle me because I don't share a popular opinion when in actuality I was in Fallujah and they haven't been up off their couch. IJS.
Blade0351

Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Vegas 2 had one of the best systems in my opinion. You were first person unless you went into cover and then it switched to third. Haven't seen it done since then. I think it worked really well and I think that could be an interesting move here. Just my thoughts. Wouldn't be upset if it's only first person.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

TipOfTheSpear wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:59 am Also like to say this topic is the perfect depiction of the term 'toxic gamer' the reason people like me who were actually there don't like talking to hardcore gamers is because topics like this give toxic gamers the ammunition to belittle me because I don't share a popular opinion when in actuality I was in Fallujah and they haven't been up off their couch. IJS.
There's no room for toxicity here. We welcome all perspectives related to our game, as long as they're presented constructively. Thank you for sharing yours.
Blade0351 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:23 pm Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Vegas 2 had one of the best systems in my opinion. You were first person unless you went into cover and then it switched to third. Haven't seen it done since then. I think it worked really well and I think that could be an interesting move here. Just my thoughts. Wouldn't be upset if it's only first person.
I spent too much time playing Vegas 1 & 2 myself back in the day, and its cover system was revolutionary for its time. That said, we still are planning for a first-person release for this iteration of the game. Thanks for all the comments on peripherals, too. I'll let the team know.