3rd Person and First person point of view

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Real Time gamer

3rd Person and First person point of view

I would love to suggest that the game should have both a 3rd person and First person point of view. Atleast allowing players to be comfortable with which ever way they will love to play.

I Don’t think it should be limited. If we are looking forward to players really getting the full potential of the game. I just best think we give them from all angles. I personally think it will have more impact with both styles.

Just a suggestion.
Last edited by Real Time gamer on Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
JRiv_Eagle

Re: 3rd Person and First person point of view

I agree 100% only if that is their direction if not, all good!
jop

I don't think third person captivates what they're trying to do here. This game is being made to allow the player to understand the true sightings, feelings, emotions and devastation these soldiers (and civilians) went through on a day-to-day basis. Third person takes away from that and doesn't let you get a real sense of immersion from the game.

I wouldn't like the option for third person in the game, this isn't the game for it and it wouldn't fit for the direction they're taking it.
Real Time gamer

Thanks champ for the understanding. Overall am still hyped for this. can't wait to play and experience history.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

jop wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:22 am I don't think third person captivates what they're trying to do here. This game is being made to allow the player to understand the true sightings, feelings, emotions and devastation these soldiers (and civilians) went through on a day-to-day basis. Third person takes away from that and doesn't let you get a real sense of immersion from the game.
Yes, we believe the first person perspective is the best method for translating these real-world stories.
Don't Panic

jop wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:22 am I don't think third person captivates what they're trying to do here. This game is being made to allow the player to understand the true sightings, feelings, emotions and devastation these soldiers (and civilians) went through on a day-to-day basis. Third person takes away from that and doesn't let you get a real sense of immersion from the game.

I wouldn't like the option for third person in the game, this isn't the game for it and it wouldn't fit for the direction they're taking it.
Couldn't have said it better man. TPP would, in my opinion, cause a huge disconnect to what it would have felt like in the moment. FPP keeps you ground level and heightens your senses as you can't spin your camera around panning for things.
Lavish4u

That being said it also depends how the first person is done. Sometimes you're at the face level and see some limbs here and there and in other games you basically never see your limbs unless you're ads. (Aiming down sight)
Don't Panic

Lavish4u wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:04 am That being said it also depends how the first person is done. Sometimes you're at the face level and see some limbs here and there and in other games you basically never see your limbs unless you're ads. (Aiming down sight)
Right, I think it will be interesting to see what they've done when some of the first gameplay footage comes out.
Eseicos

I support 100% the ability to switch from first to third person view, depending on the taste of each player. Games like Arma3 allow it, why not this one? For my taste, being able to put third person allows you to see situations, details of the environment, coverage and shooting positions that are not appreciated at first. As for the immersion, the images of the trailer, which are in third, show that it is equally immersive. of Then there is the issue that some players suffer from dizziness and nausea in first class and it is very difficult or impossible for them to play more than 15-20 minutes in a row, why not give them the option to enjoy this game. Greetings.
RubyFox

Uh no way, strictly first person view only or we riot.