If the game was releasing in 2021, we’d know by now

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Treesarefun

If the game was releasing in 2021, we’d know by now

Title. I know it’s disappointing, but literally nothing points towards a 2021 release. We have under 2 months left in 2021. No beta yet. No playtests yet. No gameplay since March. No announcements at all yet. No publisher in their right mind would release a game at this stage with such little info, hype, gameplay, coverage, etc. Yes, we are hyped. But we are a very small community. 90% of gamers have no clue this game even exists due to the lack of trailers and gameplay.

We haven’t even gotten our first dev diary for Christ’s sake. We’ll be lucky if we get some new gameplay or a playtest by the end of the year.

I check this forum multiple times a week, and every time it’s the same replies. “We aren’t ready to share anything yet.” We’ve been hearing this since April. If they planned on a 2021 release, we’d have gotten a beta by now.
staropal0972

Re: If the game was releasing in 2021, we’d know by now

Yeah I'm with you here. Been asking how much longer for who knows how many times, and i'm running out of options. Can't do anything until that's out. Not gonna lie but i get worried every single day and check back here. This studio goes off the radar so much it's' just predictable.
BadKarma

Not gonna blame anybody for the lack of news, but I think gamers are a bit impatient when it comes to it. It will be done when the time comes, no need to put pressure on the community manager/devs. Again not trying to call you any names, just giving my 2 cents.
Treesarefun

BadKarma wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:13 am Not gonna blame anybody for the lack of news, but I think gamers are a bit impatient when it comes to it. It will be done when the time comes, no need to put pressure on the community manager/devs. Again not trying to call you any names, just giving my 2 cents.
We are getting impatient because they advertised a late 2021 release. It is late 2021 now. We want to know what is going on with the game. Nothing significant has been shared with us since March.
Kean_1

Treesarefun wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:40 am
BadKarma wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:13 am Not gonna blame anybody for the lack of news, but I think gamers are a bit impatient when it comes to it. It will be done when the time comes, no need to put pressure on the community manager/devs. Again not trying to call you any names, just giving my 2 cents.
We are getting impatient because they advertised a late 2021 release. It is late 2021 now. We want to know what is going on with the game. Nothing significant has been shared with us since March.
Write it off as a 2022 release then. ....I am. I have no expectation it will release before year end either.

What I do hope for is some more news and a release time frame before too long but again, this game is mired in negative reactions and misconceptions from some. I'm guessing there is a level of trying to fly under the radar as well as not revealing something that can be misconstrued by the game's detractors. .....in other words, mitigating any "fuel on the fire" scenarios.

I've said it before but at least they are still engaging with the community here on their official forums. That gives me confidence development is at least still moving forward albeit perhaps behind schedule.
BadKarma

Treesarefun wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:40 am
We are getting impatient because they advertised a late 2021 release. It is late 2021 now.
It's a sentiment that I understand even if devs already have enough pressure dealing with media outcry as it is.
Tan_47

The late 2021 release date was a target date - meaning that this is the date that they would like to release the game, but in no way was it a definitive date. This can be found in the FAQ.

While I understand being upset for the game not being released this year, I think this a good thing since it allows the developers to take more time in developing and polishing the game instead of trying to rush the process in order to meet a target release date.

It needs to be stressed that Highwire Games is an independent team, not a full fledge Triple-A studio. They have more limitations and have to work their way around them. It also doesn't help that public reception has been mixed so far. If anything, it seems that they're trying to tread carefully as they're walking on thin ice.

Let the developers take their time and practice some patience. There's no need to get too upset about this.