Controller support?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
BadKarma

Controller support?

I am a PC player but play most games on controller, I know that M&K is the superior option when it comes to aiming, I can properly play with that but as I've been playing with a pad all my life..

It's obvious I will choose the more familiar option, will there be an option for that? It's just that, when I get home from a hard day at work all I want to do is sit back and relax.

Seems like the game is pretty much designed around controller due to the relatively simple usage of the squad commands.
stormycrown22

Re: Controller support?

BadKarma wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:48 am I am a PC player but play most games on controller, I know that M&K is the superior option when it comes to aiming, I can properly play with that but as I've been playing with a pad all my life..

It's obvious I will choose the more familiar option, will there be an option for that? It's just that, when I get home from a hard day at work all I want to do is sit back and relax.

Seems like the game is pretty much designed around controller due to the relatively simple usage of the squad commands.
id say with the commands itll work better on the keyboard. since you can hotkey different buttons to different commands since we will have multiple different commands plus we dont know how complex the game is gonna be yet, they could go for a tarkov level of complexity but im sure there will be some type of controller support since they do plan on releasing on console too.
BadKarma

stormycrown22 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:19 am
BadKarma wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:48 am I am a PC player but play most games on controller, I know that M&K is the superior option when it comes to aiming, I can properly play with that but as I've been playing with a pad all my life..

id say with the commands itll work better on the keyboard. since you can hotkey different buttons to different commands since we will have multiple different commands plus we dont know how complex the game is gonna be yet, they could go for a tarkov level of complexity but im sure there will be some type of controller support since they do plan on releasing on console too.
I understand that, no problem in using K&M then, I'd like to get a desk extension so I can play better though.
Kean_1

The difference between a game like SDiF and Tarkov is that while the latter was designed for PC, SDiF is being developed for PC and console.

I think it goes without saying that considerations are being made regarding the design of the UI, etc. and how it all works with controllers.
Unknown0351

I am also buying it for PC and play on a gamepad, this is for ergonomic reasons because mouse and keyboard hurt may hand.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Kean_1 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:38 pm The difference between a game like SDiF and Tarkov is that while the latter was designed for PC, SDiF is being developed for PC and console.

I think it goes without saying that considerations are being made regarding the design of the UI, etc. and how it all works with controllers.
This is a great point. Yes, we are featuring controller support on PC.
stormycrown22

Kean_1 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:38 pm The difference between a game like SDiF and Tarkov is that while the latter was designed for PC, SDiF is being developed for PC and console.

Oh well yea that goes without saying. But even then most games with commands like this no matter what you do to make it work with a controller, to me it always feels better on mouse and keyboard. Like playing something like squad on controller, it's possible (if they ever add controller support) but even if you get it to a good point. When it comes to using commands I always found it easier to use mouse and keyboard but thats just my opinion lol
Kean_1

stormycrown22 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:11 am

Oh well yea that goes without saying. But even then most games with commands like this no matter what you do to make it work with a controller, to me it always feels better on mouse and keyboard. Like playing something like squad on controller, it's possible (if they ever add controller support) but even if you get it to a good point. When it comes to using commands I always found it easier to use mouse and keyboard but thats just my opinion lol
It boils down to a personal preference but the main take away here is that the game is being developed with controller support in mind so it will likely feel "familiar" to those who prefer or are bound to a controller.

I'm past the half century mark and been gaming for a large portion of that. I owned / played the early consoles but was exclusively a PC gamer starting in the 80's, building my own PC's and even working in the industry for 30 years. ....then came a time when that changed and I jumped ship to the PS3. Didn't take long to get used to a controller and I've been a PS owner since (currently on PS5).

I don't have a problem with using controllers and in fact, I find that even more complex games originally made for PC can work if the UI is developed properly using well executed weapon / command wheels, etc. Flashpoint, DayZ (with all it's ARMA mechanics), etc. are all games I have or still do play on console without feeling like I'm fumbling on the controls.

....just a matte of perspective I guess and what you're comfortable with. For me, I'm at home on both.
BadKarma

TeresaNicol wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:25 am I am also buying it for PC and play on a gamepad, this is for ergonomic reasons because mouse and keyboard hurt may hand.

<removed - AmperCamper - spam>
I actually became used to K&M by now, I love the mouse's precision, ultimately I'll end up playing Six Days with it.