Idea for the game after recent media coverage

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Don't Panic

Idea for the game after recent media coverage

In light of the recent news coverage (I will not name any networks) I have sparked an idea.

I would like to present a challenge to the community and those who end up experiencing Six Days In Fallujah.

So I would like to ask the devs that at some point in the game, either on the title screen or maybe something like at the end of the campaign, show a QR code or a link to a charity we can donate to..

Something that benefits both those who served in combat and the civilians who were affected by the conflict/war itself.

Let us show our love and support for both sides as we're here to learn about something that happened, something that we cannot change, but rather something we can contribute to, to help with the healing after learning about an experience in which words can only describe so much... Something that Six Days, for the first time, will bring to light and teach us as guests to a simulated experience.
BobTank63

Re: Idea for the game after recent media coverage

This is a great idea. Setting aside any PR benefits, setting up a way to donate to those harmed by the conflict would be a good thing to do.
BobTank63

Update: Turns out the FAQ says that a portion of the proceeds will already be going to charity.
staropal0972

BobTank63 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:45 pm Update: Turns out the FAQ says that a portion of the proceeds will already be going to charity.
Keyword: a portion. He meant if we could make any additional donations or provide for charity after buying the game.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for everyone jumping in on this. As staro pointed out, we plan to donate a portion of these proceeds to those whom traditional relief efforts are not yet reaching. This will be based on guidance from veterans and civilians participating in the project. But, we love the idea of providing a QR code to make things easier for you guys to do the same, knowing that these charities have already been screened and vetted. In fact, I’ve just mentioned it Peter and the rest of our leadership, and they are very excited to do this!
Don't Panic wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:28 pm Let us show our love and support for both sides as we're here to learn about something that happened, something that we cannot change, but rather something we can contribute to, to help with the healing after learning about an experience in which words can only describe so much... Something that Six Days, for the first time, will bring to light and teach us as guests to a simulated experience.
Let me also say on behalf of the team how much we appreciate the lengths this community has already gone to support our project and all of the experiences that come with it. It's threads like these that will help shape Six Days into more than just a video game.
Don't Panic

Glad to be a part of such an open minded community!
aggimajera

This is the best suggestion I think that has been presented to this project thus far, and all of us who buy would no doubt be honored to give such a donation.
Don't Panic

aggimajera wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:51 pm This is the best suggestion I think that has been presented to this project thus far, and all of us who buy would no doubt be honored to give such a donation.
I would happily give the first donation to kick it off.
staropal0972

TeresaNicol wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:24 am He meant if we could make any additional donations or provide for charity after buying the game.

<removed - AmperCamper - spam>
Can't tell if this person is here to spam and troll the forums or actually provide inciteful feedback.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

staropal0972 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:40 am Can't tell if this person is here to spam and troll the forums or actually provide inciteful feedback.
Thanks for the reports on this. Sorted!