AI Vs AI

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
yoursinglestar

AI Vs AI

I know you cant directly say anything and tell us too much of the specifics but what I'd really like to see is some good AI's. Games like Call Of Duty and Battlefield really kill the purpose of even having AI. My AI teammates in the campaign always miss their shots or will get shot hundred's of times or have grenades goes off right at their feet and be fine because they're main characters or whatever. And I know its like that on purpose cause it'd be really frustrating if your teammates took all your kills and obviously the campaign wouldn't go on if they died but I'd like to see that changed in SDIF. I'd like to see my teammates get a kill or two if I give them the right command by telling them to flank around a wall or see my teammates get hurt if I give the wrong order. Or even if I feel like I gave the right order I'd still like chance of the enemy having a fighting chance. Obviously AI are really limited and what I'm asking for goes down a really deep and complicated rabbit hole but I want to feel like my teammates are real and have a immersive experience other than me being the main protagonist who just bulldozes through the city
Last edited by yoursinglestar on Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: AI Vs AI

yoursinglestar wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:25 pm And I know its like that on purpose cause it'd be really frustrating if your teammates took all your kills and obviously the campaign wouldn't go on if they died but I'd like to see that changed in SDIF. I'd like to see my teammates get a kill or two if I give them the right command by telling them to flank around a wall or see my teammates get hurt if I give the wrong order. Or even if I feel like I gave the right order I'd still like chance of the enemy having a fighting chance. Obviously AI are
We couldn't agree more. There is a balancing act here: while the AI will not play the game for you as bullet sponges, they are essential to the teamwork required for mission success. And, they can die because of poor orders from the player.