Gaining more coverage

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
staropal0972

Gaining more coverage

With reporters at CNN giving more coverage to Six Days, I feel almost as if it were february all over again. I wonder from this as well how future announcements are going to go down, or if any gameplay or screenshots are shown.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/09/us/six-d ... index.html

With this, I also noted on Highwire Games' official website they recently added a new Six Days tab, which wasn't there before. However upon looking at the screenshots, I notice they still use the same 8 month old screenshots we'd already seen, so I wonder how much longer we'll need to wait to see more. Fascinating we're bringing in more communication on the bright side!

https://highwiregames.com

Before:

After:

BobTank63

Re: Gaining more coverage

That CNN article is interesting. It doesn't say anything that hasn't already been said though. NPR's article was a lot better: https://www.npr.org/2021/06/23/10088413 ... -videogame (I recommend listening to the audio version).
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Yes, the article was shared with the team this weekend, but we remain steadfast in our work on Six Days.
staropal0972 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:05 pm With this, I also noted on Highwire Games' official website they recently added a new Six Days tab, which wasn't there before. However upon looking at the screenshots, I notice they still use the same 8 month old screenshots we'd already seen, so I wonder how much longer we'll need to wait to see more. Fascinating we're bringing in more communication on the bright side!
Thanks for picking up on the Highwire website! While we are still a small team, we felt it needed some re-organization to headline our current project and openings at the studio. You guys can expect more changes as we grow. And yes, the assets shared there will be updated when we make our next announcements (which I know you guys are counting the days for).
staropal0972

Update: CNN has uploaded a video summarizing a bit of what the aforementioned article was conveying.

elite

staropal0972 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:31 pm Update: CNN has uploaded a video summarizing a bit of what the aforementioned article was conveying.

I understand her point of view but people need to be taught the things that happen in these wars.
The way some people are taking this game is what CNN said "Arab Murder Simulator"(or something like that) which isn't the right way to look at it.
This teaches history and was made with and from first hand experiences, which is a strong argument for the game. It shows that people are for the game and want to get their experiences out to US.
Some people may argue "Is it right to recreate a war through a game?" The answer is opinion based but from my perspective it is the most realistic way to show it at this point of time in our world.
BobTank63

staropal0972 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:31 pm Update: CNN has uploaded a video summarizing a bit of what the aforementioned article was conveying.

This is bad. The interviewee didn't even research the game before going on the show. "No one consulted Iraqis to my knowledge." Yeah other than the dozens who were interviewed!

Yeah, I normally am okay with CNN, but this was terrible. They should have at least interviewed someone more qualified than just an "Iraq War survivor". At least get someone from the battle. :roll:

On the bright side, the anchor called the game "incredibly realistic". That's a plus.
staropal0972

Update #2: Check out Victura's new and revamped website here!
https://www.victura.gg

I found two new assets but the rest are old. It seems like we are close to getting more announcements at this point!