Campaign Difficult Setting

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Stickfigure21

Campaign Difficult Setting

Just a quick question, how will the difficulty be handled in the game?

Will it be like COD where you have various options? Or will it be “This is the game. It’s hard. Enjoy it” which I would prefer lol.

It’s not like the Marines could decide how hard the battle was in real world. Why should we?

Games shouldn’t care about you wanting it to be easier. It’s hard. Get through it lol.

-Steve
staropal0972

Re: Campaign Difficult Setting

Currently there is only 1 difficulty setting planned. It has been hinted by Amper that it could be subject to change within user/beta testing feedback.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

staropal0972 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:26 pm Currently there is only 1 difficulty setting planned. It has been hinted by Amper that it could be subject to change within user/beta testing feedback.
Thanks, staro. Yes, this is still the case. We understand a variety of cases for multiple difficulty settings, but at its core: Six Days is slower, more methodical, and requires teamwork.
Stickfigure21

Hell yea, that’s what I wanted to hear.
Kean_1

AmperCamper wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:59 pm
staropal0972 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:26 pm Currently there is only 1 difficulty setting planned. It has been hinted by Amper that it could be subject to change within user/beta testing feedback.
Thanks, staro. Yes, this is still the case. We understand a variety of cases for multiple difficulty settings, but at its core: Six Days is slower, more methodical, and requires teamwork.
I'm glad to hear this.

There are too many games out there that make compromises for the sake of trying to be more accessible to everyone. There is nothing wrong with having a gameplay style / mechanics that cater to a more specific demographic.

Having said that, I'm not opposed to options like difficulty settings but I think the game at its core should be true to it's concept first and foremost. .....and IMO, SDIF will be a great game with a great vision. It will also bring something to console that is sorely lacking.