Full squad or just a fire team?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Blade0351

Full squad or just a fire team?

Hey so just a quick question. I see it being said that in this game we'll be the squad leader and leading the squad through the city. However in the gameplay footage that was released, it looks like you just have about 2 other Marines with you. So will we be an actual squad leader with 12 Marines (a fullly filled rifle squad) or a fire team leader with just 3 other Marines?

And if we're just playing a team leader, I think it would be more realistic to have a squad leader in the AO giving us orders or tasks to accomplish with other teams.

An example would be: The squad is moving through a city block. SL tells you, the TL, clear out these particular houses and you go to do that while the rest of the squad takes care of their tasks and you also have to support the other teams if they get pinned down or need support. Also, maybe reporting back to the SL when the task is accomplished.

This is just a though to add some more realism since a team itself isn't moving solely alone through Fallujah.
stormycrown22

Re: Full squad or just a fire team?

Blade0351 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:43 pm Hey so just a quick question. I see it being said that in this game we'll be the squad leader and leading the squad through the city. However in the gameplay footage that was released, it looks like you just have about 2 other Marines with you. So will we be an actual squad leader with 12 Marines (a fullly filled rifle squad) or a fire team leader with just 3 other Marines?

And if we're just playing a team leader, I think it would be more realistic to have a squad leader in the AO giving us orders or tasks to accomplish with other teams.

An example would be: The squad is moving through a city block. SL tells you, the TL, clear out these particular houses and you go to do that while the rest of the squad takes care of their tasks and you also have to support the other teams if they get pinned down or need support. Also, maybe reporting back to the SL when the task is accomplished.

This is just a though to add some more realism since a team itself isn't moving solely alone through Fallujah.
more than likely it will just be you and 3 other marines as a actual full squad would get more confusing and complicated for most people. plus i think any more than 3 would take away from the story cuz ya will be more focused on where ya guys are than the actual narrative, and your other idea is somewhat good for the multiplayer but not the singleplayer since in the singleplayer we are living a re-telling from actual marines. no doubt i do believe we will encounter other squads tho.
Blade0351

I do agree that having to do to much could take away from the story. However, I would like to see a good amount of interaction with other teams in the AO as that would be more realistic than just one fire team running solo through the city.

Things like: "Hey is that building clear?!" or "You take that building we'll take this one!" or "We need support for this building!" (If it's a larger building that would require more Marines to clear)

So just small things like that to give you a sense that there is a full battle going and Marines fighting all around while you're still rocking with your team.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Hey guys, a couple things:

Four players act at the fireteam level in Six Days, but we plan to grow the player sizes over time. With an AO being roughly the size of 1-2 large city blocks, you will encounter other friendly AI and activity that adds more "realism" on top of this, as Blade described.

As for squad leads giving orders, the biggest context we can give players for a mission comes from the documentary segments before the mission begins. These feature a variety of people we've interviewed, some of whom were squad leads.
Blade0351

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:38 am Hey guys, a couple things:

Four players act at the fireteam level in Six Days, but we plan to grow the player sizes over time. With an AO being roughly the size of 1-2 large city blocks, you will encounter other friendly AI and activity that adds more "realism" on top of this, as Blade described.

As for squad leads giving orders, the biggest context we can give players for a mission comes from the documentary segments before the mission begins. These feature a variety of people we've interviewed, some of whom were squad leads.
Sounds awesome! My only real concern is that there would t be enough friendlies is the area so it would make it seem like you and your team are winning the battle all alone. Just communicating a bit with adjacent units I think would go a long way to add to the scope of things. And not constantly talking to them but things like I gave examples of earlier I think would fit nicely.