Scuttlebutt Show Rebuttal

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Stickfigure21

Scuttlebutt Show Rebuttal

I think we should take a sec and talk about the new vid that Scuttlebutt Show put out about the game being “Delayed”.

Vid for reference:

Personally, from what Amper has been telling us, I think he’s a bit off base. Nowhere in that post he goes through or what we’ve been updated with has anyone announced a delay in the game.

Now if the game is delayed, so be it, but nothing official has been announced yet.

Honestly, I think it’s just clickbait and drama for drama’s sake. Mad respect for the dude, he’s put out some good vids in the past, but this one is pretty pessimistic.

I’d like to hear Amper’s take on the vid. I just feel like he’s kinda twisting your post around to suit his narrative.

-Steve
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Scuttlebutt Show Rebuttal

I'll leave all discussions on timings for our future announcements.

But, I do want to address his points about investment. While his concerns are legitimate based on things that have happened across the industry in the past, Peter assures me that none of the investors we're speaking with have asked us to change our creative vision.

Thanks for putting this on my radar.
stormycrown22

Stickfigure21 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:29 am I think we should take a sec and talk about the new vid that Scuttlebutt Show put out about the game being “Delayed”.

Vid for reference:

Personally, from what Amper has been telling us, I think he’s a bit off base. Nowhere in that post he goes through or what we’ve been updated with has anyone announced a delay in the game.

Now if the game is delayed, so be it, but nothing official has been announced yet.

Honestly, I think it’s just clickbait and drama for drama’s sake. Mad respect for the dude, he’s put out some good vids in the past, but this one is pretty pessimistic.

I’d like to hear Amper’s take on the vid. I just feel like he’s kinda twisting your post around to suit his narrative.

-Steve
i will agree with the delay part. the only reason why (and personally ive been expecting a delay for a couple of months now) is because usually when we are this close to release ya will start hearing a lot about the game and get news left and right. even for a game that has controversy around it ya would still get news about and as well for small games. i think at this point i would be surprise if there wasnt a delay and at that point id be worried for i dont know the state of the game at this moment and dont want another cyberpunk.
Stickfigure21

stormycrown22 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:40 pm
Stickfigure21 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:29 am I think we should take a sec and talk about the new vid that Scuttlebutt Show put out about the game being “Delayed”.

Vid for reference:

-Steve
i will agree with the delay part. the only reason why (and personally ive been expecting a delay for a couple of months now) is because usually when we are this close to release ya will start hearing a lot about the game and get news left and right. even for a game that has controversy around it ya would still get news about and as well for small games. i think at this point i would be surprise if there wasnt a delay and at that point id be worried for i dont know the state of the game at this moment and dont want another cyberpunk.

Right, but this game is different in a sense that the more attention you drum up, the more controversy too. I know they say “No publicity is bad publicity” but with delicate subjects like 6DIF, sometimes the best play is to keep things on the DL.

-Steve
stormycrown22

Stickfigure21 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:06 pm
stormycrown22 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:40 pm

Vid for reference:

-Steve

Right, but this game is different in a sense that the more attention you drum up, the more controversy too. I know they say “No publicity is bad publicity” but with delicate subjects like 6DIF, sometimes the best play is to keep things on the DL.

-Steve
i really cant agree with this being delicate considering the actual operation happen almost 2 decades ago plus the game is close to finishing the game. even if they get bad publicity it wouldnt really do anything. they cant cancel the game with how close we are to the release date (if they still plan on releasing it this year) if they cancel it then they and investors loose money and if i was a investors id say let the game release considering they would want to at least gain some money back rather than just cut it and loose most of what they put in. bad publicity would have no effect at this point in time plus im pretty sure that the last bad publicity didnt really have an effect considering they have been expanding theirt team