Campaign Story Length

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Stickfigure21

Campaign Story Length

Just a quick question for Amper. Do we know roughly how long the complete play through will be? Not looking for specifics as I know the maps will be different each time but I really hope it’s a decent playtime.

So how long we talking?

-Steve
staropal0972

Re: Campaign Story Length

Stickfigure21 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:14 pm Just a quick question for Amper. Do we know roughly how long the complete play through will be? Not looking for specifics as I know the maps will be different each time but I really hope it’s a decent playtime.

So how long we talking?

-Steve
I've asked him this question months ago, and he said they didn't have a certain answer just yet.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=201
Stickfigure21

Hmmm wonder if it’s a bit more definitive now
stormycrown22

Stickfigure21 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:11 am Hmmm wonder if it’s a bit more definitive now
im not for sure, parts of me think the story might not be too long. maybe 4 or 5 hours. they may be banking on replayability due to the random gen map on each play threw. but parts of me also says there has to be a set map for the campaign. either way i do believe itll be a good story.
BaconGamings

Very excited nonetheless and hope this turns out to be incredible.
Stickfigure21

Oh absolutely, I’d play it regardless. I guess I’m just fishing for more info to see what they’ll let us have lol.

I’m hoping it’ll be at least 5 hours. I guess depending on your play style it can very dramatically. Do you just go in guns blazing or, do you realistically do a slow, methodical sweep of every house, every room, every floor.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast as the old saying goes.

-Steve
staropal0972

Stickfigure21 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:31 am Oh absolutely, I’d play it regardless. I guess I’m just fishing for more info to see what they’ll let us have lol.

I’m hoping it’ll be at least 5 hours. I guess depending on your play style it can very dramatically. Do you just go in guns blazing or, do you realistically do a slow, methodical sweep of every house, every room, every floor.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast as the old saying goes.

-Steve
If the objectives take longer to complete than objectives in COD campaigns, then it's more than likely more than 6 hours. Not to mention it has no adversarial multiplayer so something has to fill in that void.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

staropal0972 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:15 pm I've asked him this question months ago, and he said they didn't have a certain answer just yet.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=201
Much of my previous response still stands. The main takeaway is that there are way more stories and missions than we’ll have the time to create. Playing time will come to down to how much we can do well and how long it takes players to complete missions.
Stickfigure21 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:31 am I guess depending on your play style it can very dramatically. Do you just go in guns blazing or, do you realistically do a slow, methodical sweep of every house, every room, every floor.
The guns blazing approach is very unforgiving. You can try it sure, but even if you learn enemy positioning on the fly, it'll just change with procedural architecture.
Stickfigure21

AmperCamper wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:31 am
The main takeaway is that there are way more stories and missions than we’ll have the time to create
*SNIFF SNIFF*

Is that..... future DLC Content I smell.......?

:)

-Steve
stormycrown22

Stickfigure21 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:57 pm
AmperCamper wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:31 am
The main takeaway is that there are way more stories and missions than we’ll have the time to create
*SNIFF SNIFF*

Is that..... future DLC Content I smell.......?

:)

-Steve
If I remember correctly, I believe they already said in another post that it is a possibility.