New Moderators?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Don't Panic

Re: New Moderators?

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:34 am
Rafael Valor wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:47 am What might really need moderation though is the steam discussion forum.

I want to ask for some quick feedback on this. Do many of you find yourselves in Steam Discussion forums? It's something we considered early on but haven't committed to. That said, we are reading them.
I've been in and out of both steam and the forums here but I mostly browse the forums. That being said I've had my steam account for 14 years and browse discussion boards regularly for the games that I play.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

staropal0972 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:04 pm I still think it's better to mainly focus on working on the game more than anything else, or we might be seeing much later release windows for this project. As a small team of about 36 or 37 developers there's only so much to interact with the community and keep us up to date. But hiring volunteer moderators to do the moderating job whilst the rest of the team are busy at work with their roles in developing the game would ensure a tighter and clean community.
I want to clarify that these efforts fall under the umbrella of the Community Team (which just happens to be myself at the moment) and does not pull developers away from their day-to-day. There are some exceptions to this, but this is the case for the most part.

Overall, I appreciate the quick feedback on this from everyone. Again, we're definitely considering volunteers for the forums and may dive into Steam.
BobTank63

Steam should definitely have some dedicated moderators. It's calmed down quite a bit, but when the trailers were dropped it was basically the Wild West. I feel that when new info is dropped it's just gonna go to hell again, so have mods in place would be helpful.

As a side note, there are also a lot of people asking about the game there. I've been trying to direct them to this forum to get their questions answered, but it would be a lot more efficient if we had someone from the dev team answering questions on Steam.
BobTank63

Speaking of the need for mods, another troll just popped up on the Steam forums.