New Moderators?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Stickfigure21

New Moderators?

Am I blind and just noticed the “Volunteer Moderators” group, or is it new? I feel like it wasn’t there before.

Ether way, seems like a good idea. Amper does a good job by himself but I’m sure there’s factors to the forum we don’t fully understand.

The forum itself is fairly tame. Doesn’t seem like there’s any way for it to get too “out of hand” but I’m sure it will just get more popular as the game gets closer to the release date. As far as current members go, every Interaction I’ve had with people on here has been nothing but positive. It’s a great community.

Amper, if you’re taking suggestion, I feel like user “ Staropal0972 “ might be a good candidate for a mod. Every response / topic I’ve seen from them has been respectful, informative, and measured.

Just my 2¢

-Steve
staropal0972

Re: New Moderators?

It had always been there. But what is there to moderate? I don't typically see anybody bossing around or stirring up trouble on the forums like most other game forums. It would be good to get Amper in to explain what that role had been doing since the beginning of time, good eye.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Yes, the role has always been there as a placeholder. But, we wanted to make it public from the start to let everyone know that we absolutely will be looking for volunteers as things get busier (especially with the nature of our project). We value what you guys bring to the table, and we know you want to help!

There have been a few requests in the past for the role, and I've noted these down. We'll keep everyone posted as needed!
stormycrown22

staropal0972 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:14 pm It had always been there. But what is there to moderate? I don't typically see anybody bossing around or stirring up trouble on the forums like most other game forums. It would be good to get Amper in to explain what that role had been doing since the beginning of time, good eye.
Agreed, most people on this forum are fir the game and I feel like it moderates itself pretty well. No doubt tho as when things pick up amper will need help but for the time being I'd say it moderates itself just fine. I would enjoy helping out tho, as I do want to see this game be successful.
Stickfigure21

Agreed, add me to the list too
Rafael Valor

While I'd like to become a moderator and want to add all the help I can offer to ensure the forum is in a healthy state, as of right now it seems pretty stable but as fellow users said it will most likely become hot when the game gains traction.

What might really need moderation though is the steam discussion forum.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Rafael Valor wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:47 am What might really need moderation though is the steam discussion forum.

I want to ask for some quick feedback on this. Do many of you find yourselves in Steam Discussion forums? It's something we considered early on but haven't committed to. That said, we are reading them.
Tazzadar3

Personally I have never been on the steam forums but I check in here daily.
staropal0972

I still think it's better to mainly focus on working on the game more than anything else, or we might be seeing much later release windows for this project. As a small team of about 36 or 37 developers there's only so much to interact with the community and keep us up to date. But hiring volunteer moderators to do the moderating job whilst the rest of the team are busy at work with their roles in developing the game would ensure a tighter and clean community.
Stickfigure21

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:34 am
Rafael Valor wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:47 am What might really need moderation though is the steam discussion forum.

I want to ask for some quick feedback on this. Do many of you find yourselves in Steam Discussion forums? It's something we considered early on but haven't committed to. That said, we are reading them.

Personally I don’t use steam, I’m a console player (yes go ahead and mock me) But if the game were to have a community discord server, I’d be happy to help there as well as here.