Gameplay -

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
shattalee

Gameplay -

Really hoping to have production of this game similar to Arma /Squad but for consoles.. More of a co-op campaign. Multiple players playing AI campaign. Tactical based online not call of duty nonsense. Consoles need these type of games to move on to the next level
jop

Re: Gameplay -

I'd like them to adapt the mindset of those games, but I'm going to assume they won't incorporate the way they play entirely. You have to remember that games like Squad and Arma are niches, and games like CoD and Battlefield appeal to the masses and are the norm.

Many games have tried to entirely adapt the slow-pace movement and shooting systems for games, but they do not appeal to the majority because it's never consistently been done in the game industry.

It's an important decision Ventura and Highwire will need to make, but hopefully they meet us in the middle!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

As someone who enjoys console and PC, I agree we need more tactical titles on the platform.

While we don’t have anything to share yet about adversarial multiplayer, we are featuring a single-player narrative campaign and co-op multiplayer. More details to follow on these later, but for now:

We want to tell these military and civilian stories with the integrity they deserve, all while building the most authentic military shooter.

Moving to General Discussion for more visibility.
Lavish4u

Yes you can appeal to more people with a more broad game but that doesn't necessarily translate into a better game or better community for that matter. The tactical community I'd say is smaller but a lot more committed and invested players than your casual players that play cod for a round or two. Considering the game is going for immersion I assume it will be more on the tactical side but with some adjustments to appeal to a larger audience and not just hardcore tactical guys. It's important we don't set expectations or over-hype the game otherwise we'll all be disappointed.
Tan_47

Yeah, over expectations is one of the issues about video games today - particularly consumers not being cautious and simply taking in the marketing. While this game is independently made, this doesn't mean that it isn't susceptible to having too much expectations placed upon it. So some restraints on expectations should be taken considering that we haven't even seen any in-game footage yet.
Lavish4u

I 100% agree. A lot of people are already starting to get their expectations up. Hopefully we'll see some game footage over the next few months.
Don't Panic

Lavish4u wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:52 am I 100% agree. A lot of people are already starting to get their expectations up. Hopefully we'll see some game footage over the next few months.
Also agree. It's important to always keep an open mind and heart when something like this comes up. When you set expectations this early you're leaving a HUGE time gap to let yourself get disappointed for mostly bad reasons. The best thing to do is what we're doing now, and that is to discuss it with people of similar interest on these forums to compare thoughts about the game and it's development.