"More news is coming" (Rant)

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Treesarefun

"More news is coming" (Rant)

But we've been told this every month since March. How about if we can't get news, we could get some new screenshots? Pics of updated assets? A post about how our feedback has been considered? Anything? I have a feeling we won't be hearing from you guys till October or November.

I know that the community managers are not in control of development and they can't just post content without permission from the publisher/devs, but it's been half a year since the reveal and we have no new information/content. If the game is set to release in 2021, we should be getting a beta soon (If they intend for the beta to be an actual testing/feedback platform and not just a demo to hype the game up). The game is set to release within 4 months and it's been silent since the reveal.

One thing that confuses me is why Victura put the release date in 2021? That's less than a year from announcement. You'd think the game would be nearly finished if they made a release date that ambitious. Who knows, maybe they will come through. But there hasn't been a single tactical shooter in the past couple years that hasn't been delayed at least once.

Unfortunately I can almost guarantee a delay is about to be announced. Call me a pessimist but I can see where this is going and it doesn't make me hopeful for a timely release. Another tactical shooter bites the dust and enters development hell.

A note for the devs/community managers who see this: Delays are understandable, as game development is very unpredictable, but communication is what will keep the community satisfied. There needs to be more open communication on social media and forums. Nobody can be rightfully angry at the devs for telling the truth. If the game is delayed, they are gonna find out either way. Whether it's from a community manager on this forum or an official blogpost. If the game is to be delayed, I think people would rather hear about it now then 3 months down the road.
staropal0972

Re: "More news is coming" (Rant)

Treesarefun wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:04 pm But we've been told this every month since March. How about if we can't get news, we could get some new screenshots? Pics of updated assets? A post about how our feedback has been considered? Anything? I have a feeling we won't be hearing from you guys till October or November.

I know that the community managers are not in control of development and they can't just post content without permission from the publisher/devs, but it's been half a year since the reveal and we have no new information/content. If the game is set to release in 2021, we should be getting a beta soon (If they intend for the beta to be an actual testing/feedback platform and not just a demo to hype the game up). The game is set to release within 4 months and it's been silent since the reveal.

One thing that confuses me is why Victura put the release date in 2021? That's less than a year from announcement. You'd think the game would be nearly finished if they made a release date that ambitious. Who knows, maybe they will come through. But there hasn't been a single tactical shooter in the past couple years that hasn't been delayed at least once.

Unfortunately I can almost guarantee a delay is about to be announced. Call me a pessimist but I can see where this is going and it doesn't make me hopeful for a timely release. Another tactical shooter bites the dust and enters development hell.

A note for the devs/community managers who see this: Delays are understandable, as game development is very unpredictable, but communication is what will keep the community satisfied. There needs to be more open communication on social media and forums. Nobody can be rightfully angry at the devs for telling the truth. If the game is delayed, they are gonna find out either way. Whether it's from a community manager on this forum or an official blogpost. If the game is to be delayed, I think people would rather hear about it now then 3 months down the road.
Yes I think we are all expecting a delay at this point. I think it was very unwise of Victura to put out a late 2021 release, a lot of things are unsure and they're still working on a lot of important game mechanics and working out the kinks, but I would at least like to see an alpha or beta by the end of this year. The actual game itself probably isn't coming until 2022. I understand your frustration and share almost the exact same thoughts. I really want to be proven wrong, but I've seen this kind of pattern a lot before.
Rafael Valor

Agreed, radio silence only results in more negative opinions.
stormycrown22

Treesarefun wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:04 pm But we've been told this every month since March. How about if we can't get news, we could get some new screenshots? Pics of updated assets? A post about how our feedback has been considered? Anything? I have a feeling we won't be hearing from you guys till October or November.

I share your thoughts, from the start of it all when the announcement released I assume there would be a delay and when the lack of news started to appear it confirmed my thoughts. For me if it dies release in 2021, that would shock me more than a delay because as you said when you get this close to a release date you start getting news about it. A example is halo infinite, or icarus, the team that makes icarus isn't a big company and they had to delay their game till November but they are open with their community. Yea how they are doing their beta kinda sucks but they explain why they are doing it that way. I've sadly seen too many games fail because of the lack of communication with their community. Yea we always hear we will get news in a few weeks but a few weeks could mean anywhere from 3 weeks to 32 weeks. I have no ill will toward anyone on the team but something has to be done with the communication of information because this isn't working. The faith in this game is dying badly, most of us are just keeping a eye out at this point and arbt actually active on here. There are a small handful of us still active and that pains me to see. Just pray for a miracle at this point, we need one.
staropal0972

Exactly, most all of us will be watching the devs and publishers like a hawk, as Bluedrake said in his thoughts about the game. Things like massive radio silence will be called out for if it happens, because it all just becomes predictable at that point. For example I have fully lost faith in Ready or Not, as VOID kept dodging the question of when is "tactically sound", as it had been like that since 2019.
OhioYankee

You guys are overreacting, remember how the media portrayed the devs and the game the last time they announced something? Did you ever think that they're trying to avoid the outrageous libel and slander from them?
Tan_47

Okay, I just want to preface that I haven't been in the forums in quite some time (my last activity was in June), but have been checking it offline periodically. Since then, I've been noticing some of you guys are becoming agitated due to the lack of news.

While I understand the frustration, it needs to be pointed out that Highwire Games (Victura is the publisher) is a small independent team - not a major game development team. Some of you may be placing too high of an expectation onto the team. Should they be more communicative in the forums? Sure, but you also have to consider that development may be slower due to their small team. Also, why assume the worse? It's possible that the team has made huge progress but are withholding information until they've sorted out their marketing. What I'm trying to say is that some of you need some patience and not jump to the worst possible conclusions.

Regarding a possible delay, it's worth noting that the late 2021 date is a projected/target release; they've made this clear in their FAQ https://www.sixdays.com/faq. So, if the game were to be delayed, that shouldn't come across as a surprise since they've never guaranteed the date to begin with. Once again, though, that's assuming that a delay is coming. How about we wait until we finally get some news to clear this up.

Amper also said this from another thread:
AmperCamper wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:14 pm The short answer is not quite yet.

The long answer refers back to the reply I gave the other day around needing a few more weeks, at least, for an update. Again, timing for us is very important as we navigate announcements with the media. But, I want you guys to know we recognize you wanting to see more.

The latest update we have on Six Days is that we're expanding the team, and feel free to send some recommendations our way if you know someone who's interested!
BobTank63

While I support these devs, I agree with OP. The lack of communication is starting to become a problem. Some news, screenshots, or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Heck, even a solid date on that talk about "timings" would be enough. It would generate some hype.

Now if the dev is concerned about blowback from certain people (looking at you Polygon and Kotaku), that is a valid concern. However, I think the saying "all publicity is good publicity" applies here. Pretty much everything negative that can be said has been said, and the people who don't like what they hear are already dead-set against this game. However, there have been numerous posts on the Steam forums by people who heard about the game from the bad press and are interested in buying. Further news can only increase the number of people interested.

Finally, I think I can speak for the community when I say we would like some transparency. There's a saying that goes "Honesty is the first step to an abundant life". If you need to delay, we understand. What we don't want is a scenario like what happened with Combat Mission Cold War a month back, where they said they were going to release on Steam on a certain date, but didn't meet it and only told people about the delay afterward.

In conclusion, please release some info. And if that info is when we can expect news, please give a date, not "in the coming weeks".
staropal0972

BobTank63 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:30 pm While I support these devs, I agree with OP. The lack of communication is starting to become a problem. Some news, screenshots, or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Heck, even a solid date on that talk about "timings" would be enough. It would generate some hype.

Now if the dev is concerned about blowback from certain people (looking at you Polygon and Kotaku), that is a valid concern. However, I think the saying "all publicity is good publicity" applies here. Pretty much everything negative that can be said has been said, and the people who don't like what they hear are already dead-set against this game. However, there have been numerous posts on the Steam forums by people who heard about the game from the bad press and are interested in buying. Further news can only increase the number of people interested.

Finally, I think I can speak for the community when I say we would like some transparency. There's a saying that goes "Honesty is the first step to an abundant life". If you need to delay, we understand. What we don't want is a scenario like what happened with Combat Mission Cold War a month back, where they said they were going to release on Steam on a certain date, but didn't meet it and only told people about the delay afterward.

In conclusion, please release some info. And if that info is when we can expect news, please give a date, not "in the coming weeks".
"Coming weeks" pretty much summed up to 8 weeks we had to wait for, because Amper first mentioned about "timings" back in July 16. I don't think that's a very good way to describe it. At this point in development we need to know when the beta is going live or if closed beta signups will be available. This stuff just isn't good enough for our brains to be fed information. I don't want to go hard but keeping radio silence for another week will just absolutely kill the interest of many about this game.

While I agree it could be due to media backlash that they had gone silent, based on previous posts Amper made, the game seems a lot more unfinished and many things are more uncertain than we think. A full launch/release is definitely not happening this year, unless I'm proven wrong. But in this given time, if they do an early access, it could possibly vouch a spot for the end of the year. Maybe to stress test co-op servers. I still wish the developers and publisher the best on this project, I'm by no means attacking them. Don't mistaken my words.
stormycrown22

OhioYankee wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:31 pm You guys are overreacting, remember how the media portrayed the devs and the game the last time they announced something? Did you ever think that they're trying to avoid the outrageous libel and slander from them?
we arent over reacting man, even games more controversial than this game would release updates this close to launch. a good example would be hatred, yes there will be people that dont like it but on their trailer on youtube you can truely see how many people support this game base on the like to dislike. there are more people for this game than against it, so that excuse isnt valid to me, id be more than happy to bet money on a delay at this point lol the fact that we are this close for launch and we were told there might be a beta, i dont see how its gonna happen in this short of a time span. the only time outrage would be a problem is if most of the people had a problem with the game and thats not the case with this game. those are just my thoughts based on my views of other games in the past, they might be worried about outrage and slander but they shouldn't be with how big of a backing this game has gotten and still has. the forums arent all that active mainly because theres no news about anything. when new news comes out ill bet that the forums will be lively again but at this point im willing to bet theres a delay comin.
Last edited by stormycrown22 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.