"More news is coming" (Rant)

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
stormycrown22

Re: "More news is coming" (Rant)

Tan_47 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:45 pm Okay, I just want to preface that I haven't been in the forums in quite some time (my last activity was in June), but have been checking it offline periodically. Since then, I've been noticing some of you guys are becoming agitated due to the lack of news.

While I understand the frustration, it needs to be pointed out that Highwire Games (Victura is the publisher) is a small independent team - not a major game development team. Some of you may be placing too high of an expectation onto the team. Should they be more communicative in the forums? Sure, but you also have to consider that development may be slower due to their small team. Also, why assume the worse? It's possible that the team has made huge progress but are withholding information until they've sorted out their marketing. What I'm trying to say is that some of you need some patience and not jump to the worst possible conclusions.

Regarding a possible delay, it's worth noting that the late 2021 date is a projected/target release; they've made this clear in their FAQ https://www.sixdays.com/faq. So, if the game were to be delayed, that shouldn't come across as a surprise since they've never guaranteed the date to begin with. Once again, though, that's assuming that a delay is coming. How about we wait until we finally get some news to clear this up.

Amper also said this from another thread:
AmperCamper wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:14 pm The short answer is not quite yet.

The long answer refers back to the reply I gave the other day around needing a few more weeks, at least, for an update. Again, timing for us is very important as we navigate announcements with the media. But, I want you guys to know we recognize you wanting to see more.

The latest update we have on Six Days is that we're expanding the team, and feel free to send some recommendations our way if you know someone who's interested!
thats a the problem though, we have been paiteient for a long time most of us, yes they are small we know this trust me, if this was like a tripple A studio then most people would of walked out by now so we under stand that, but small team or not they need to be more open with their community or it has a negative effect, we have seen games come and go because of the lack of communication. i know how hard it is to develop games and all, ive taken calsses on it for a while so i understand but communication helps out alot. a screenshot here and there will keep us happy for a month or 2. it can just be of landscape too. communication is eveything for games like this.
staropal0972

It has become clear as day that most of us have ran out of things to talk about. That is to explain for inactivity on the forums. Because there hasn't been any recent news to stir up anymore meaningful conversations, other than "when are we gonna hear from the devs and publisher again for new news?". All we have to do is wait, but who knows how much longer can we hold onto it.
Treesarefun

Tan_47 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:45 pm Okay, I just want to preface that I haven't been in the forums in quite some time (my last activity was in June), but have been checking it offline periodically. Since then, I've been noticing some of you guys are becoming agitated due to the lack of news.

While I understand the frustration, it needs to be pointed out that Highwire Games (Victura is the publisher) is a small independent team - not a major game development team. Some of you may be placing too high of an expectation onto the team. Should they be more communicative in the forums? Sure, but you also have to consider that development may be slower due to their small team. Also, why assume the worse? It's possible that the team has made huge progress but are withholding information until they've sorted out their marketing. What I'm trying to say is that some of you need some patience and not jump to the worst possible conclusions.

Regarding a possible delay, it's worth noting that the late 2021 date is a projected/target release; they've made this clear in their FAQ https://www.sixdays.com/faq. So, if the game were to be delayed, that shouldn't come across as a surprise since they've never guaranteed the date to begin with. Once again, though, that's assuming that a delay is coming. How about we wait until we finally get some news to clear this up.

The long answer refers back to the reply I gave the other day around needing a few more weeks, at least, for an update. Again, timing for us is very important as we navigate announcements with the media. But, I want you guys to know we recognize you wanting to see more.

The latest update we have on Six Days is that we're expanding the team, and feel free to send some recommendations our way if you know someone who's interested!
I think we all understand that Highwire is a small team, the issue is that they set a VERY close release date (less than a year from reveal) and claimed to have been working on the game for 4+ years already. All of this points towards the game almost being finished. But the recent comments from community managers contradict this. Saying things along the lines of "We've realized this game will need more work than expected to meet our vision, so we are hiring more staff."

They kinda blue-balled us. Making us think that an incredible new tactical shooter was coming within the year, then went radio silent for 6 months after reveal. The reason I assume it is delayed is because of the lack of news and communication from the devs. If the game is on track for a late 2021 release, then we should be getting some sort of community testing within 2 months. But comments from the community manager make it sound like the game is still under heavy development.

What is making you think the game will release on time? There is nothing pointing towards a timely release other than faith in the dev team.
staropal0972

Treesarefun wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:02 pm

I think we all understand that Highwire is a small team, the issue is that they set a VERY close release date (less than a year from reveal) and claimed to have been working on the game for 4+ years already. All of this points towards the game almost being finished. But the recent comments from community managers contradict this. Saying things along the lines of "We've realized this game will need more work than expected to meet our vision, so we are hiring more staff."

They kinda blue-balled us. Making us think that an incredible new tactical shooter was coming within the year, then went radio silent for 6 months after reveal. The reason I assume it is delayed is because of the lack of news and communication from the devs. If the game is on track for a late 2021 release, then we should be getting some sort of community testing within 2 months. But comments from the community manager make it sound like the game is still under heavy development.

What is making you think the game will release on time? There is nothing pointing towards a timely release other than faith in the dev team.
This is what really causes people to believe that this game might not even come out until something like 2023. I feel like the full game is coming out in 2022, but beta still can vouch a spot for december or november this year. I hope they aren't blue-balling us, because many people have lost their faith in the devs already. I would not like to, but I feel left in the dark constantly. At the same time, they're not promising a whole lot, but we've been waiting so long for this. There must be something concerning this issue, not in the coming weeks like Amper keeps on saying, but ASAP.

I've also been seeing in the previous days the forums having 0 activity. There's really no other game that catches my eye but this and Battlefield 2042, because I've found that many of the industry veterans behind games I despise or have gone to shit are the same people who are trying to cancel this wonderful masterpiece. Really sick of this. If you still have so much to work on the game, and at times nobody even posts or checks the forums, then there's nothing to expand on the forums. On a side note I would like to iterate the fact the FAQ has not yet changed, and still claims to be targeting a late 2021 release.