will yall be releasing a demo?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
stormycrown22

will yall be releasing a demo?

the only reason im asking is because this game is viewed as "controversial" and maybe yall wanna release a demo so some people that are on the fence can get a taste for it and see if its for them or not. i know we have the groups that are for this game (a.k.a most of the people on this forum) and ones that are against it but there is also a group that may be on the fence so a demo could help those people chose, plus may also convince some of the people against this game that it isnt what they thought it would be. a open beta would help as well if yall arent planin on a demo. just and idea lol keep up the great work guys :)
Stickfigure21

Re: will yall be releasing a demo?

I think their current plan as of now is just to keep everyone in the dark to not stir up any more controversy than needed. The game has already gotten a bad rap from media outlets and at this point, keeping everyone in the dark is a smart move.

The second they release another trailer or announcement publicly it’s gonna be twisted and then tear open that scab again. By keeping everyone in the dark it lets them work in peace without the bad press.

Yes, all the people who ARE interested in the game would love some updates and cool previews to give us hype, but we’ll just have to settle for re-watching the reveal trailer over and over again haha.

-Steve
staropal0972

I can tell you guys at this point i watched both of those trailers like 120 times at this point. I also watched all the footages of fallujah like 100 times as well. Understandable we're all frustrated for a lack of update but to tell the truth I'm sensing a delay for this, as Amper has been telling us that the only way to support this is to give suggestions and wishlist the game, while the game was originally set out for a late 2021 release.

And the fact they are hiring also tells me they have a long way to go. I'm starting to have severe doubts they can push the game out this year, unless the beta is 1 month before release. Just my 2 cents on the current sitrep.
stormycrown22

Stickfigure21 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:02 am I think their current plan as of now is just to keep everyone in the dark to not stir up any more controversy than needed. The game has already gotten a bad rap from media outlets and at this point, keeping everyone in the dark is a smart move.

The second they release another trailer or announcement publicly it’s gonna be twisted and then tear open that scab again. By keeping everyone in the dark it lets them work in peace without the bad press.

Yes, all the people who ARE interested in the game would love some updates and cool previews to give us hype, but we’ll just have to settle for re-watching the reveal trailer over and over again haha.

-Steve
While yes it could stir back up the pot it won't decrease the people who are interested. Any publicity is good publicity even if it's in a negative light. Yes they may get more people against the game but they get more people for the game. While I understand keeping people in the dark to not hype it up too much, keeping people in the dark for too long can be more negative than anything because it'll cause people to loose hope and forget about this game. I am not one of those people but there's negatives of doing both.
staropal0972

stormycrown22 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:51 am
Stickfigure21 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:02 am I think their current plan as of now is just to keep everyone in the dark to not stir up any more controversy than needed. The game has already gotten a bad rap from media outlets and at this point, keeping everyone in the dark is a smart move.

-Steve
While yes it could stir back up the pot it won't decrease the people who are interested. Any publicity is good publicity even if it's in a negative light. Yes they may get more people against the game but they get more people for the game. While I understand keeping people in the dark to not hype it up too much, keeping people in the dark for too long can be more negative than anything because it'll cause people to loose hope and forget about this game. I am not one of those people but there's negatives of doing both.
Right, if we get kept in the dark for any longer I'll just forget about Six Days at that point. For the better really. Because refreshing pages, rereading posts over and over again and rewatching the trailers over and over again had become a drug trip. I mean the fact there are only 6 announcements and this game is due out in 4 months baffles me to no end.
Stickfigure21

Well Amper is doing a good job with interacting with the forum members. At this point it’s just a waiting game. Trust me, I want more Info as much as the next guy, but I can see why none is coming out.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

stormycrown22 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:58 pm the only reason im asking is because this game is viewed as "controversial" and maybe yall wanna release a demo so some people that are on the fence can get a taste for it and see if its for them or not. i know we have the groups that are for this game (a.k.a most of the people on this forum) and ones that are against it but there is also a group that may be on the fence so a demo could help those people chose, plus may also convince some of the people against this game that it isnt what they thought it would be. a open beta would help as well if yall arent planin on a demo. just and idea lol keep up the great work guys :)
It's very easy to judge Six Days on the surface. We could've done a better job explaining our project at announcement, but there's only so many ways to do so in a timely reveal. In our experience, once people have a better understanding of what we're trying to do, they come around (even if it's ever so slightly). All of this is to say—yes, we will host a demo of sorts in the form of beta testing.
stormycrown22 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:51 am While I understand keeping people in the dark to not hype it up too much, keeping people in the dark for too long can be more negative than anything because it'll cause people to loose hope and forget about this game. I am not one of those people but there's negatives of doing both.
I hear you guys on this. It's a balancing act with tons of moving pieces, and we're working on it.
Stickfigure21 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:21 pm Well Amper is doing a good job with interacting with the forum members. At this point it’s just a waiting game. Trust me, I want more Info as much as the next guy, but I can see why none is coming out.
I appreciate it, and I recognize wanting to hear more. We appreciate everyone's patience as we move towards our next announcements.
stormycrown22

Stickfigure21 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:21 pm Well Amper is doing a good job with interacting with the forum members. At this point it’s just a waiting game. Trust me, I want more Info as much as the next guy, but I can see why none is coming out.
oh trust me i understand as well lol i followed this game when it was in development in 2009, ive waited 12 years so far, a little longer wont hurt lol. im just hungary for info.
stormycrown22

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:07 pm
stormycrown22 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:58 pm the only reason im asking is because this game is viewed as "controversial" and maybe yall wanna release a demo so some people that are on the fence can get a taste for it and see if its for them or not. i know we have the groups that are for this game (a.k.a most of the people on this forum) and ones that are against it but there is also a group that may be on the fence so a demo could help those people chose, plus may also convince some of the people against this game that it isnt what they thought it would be. a open beta would help as well if yall arent planin on a demo. just and idea lol keep up the great work guys :)
It's very easy to judge Six Days on the surface. We could've done a better job explaining our project at announcement, but there's only so many ways to do so in a timely reveal. In our experience, once people have a better understanding of what we're trying to do, they come around (even if it's ever so slightly). All of this is to say—yes, we will host a demo of sorts in the form of beta testing.
stormycrown22 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:51 am While I understand keeping people in the dark to not hype it up too much, keeping people in the dark for too long can be more negative than anything because it'll cause people to loose hope and forget about this game. I am not one of those people but there's negatives of doing both.
I hear you guys on this. It's a balancing act with tons of moving pieces, and we're working on it.
I appreciate it, and I recognize wanting to hear more. We appreciate everyone's patience as we move towards our next announcements.
we appreciate you amper, even tho yall cant say much right now, yall are doin awesome on interacting with us and we appreciate it
Last edited by stormycrown22 on Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stickfigure21

Indeed. Much love Amper. You and the team keep up the good work.