Go Command

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
yoursinglestar

Go Command

I was also wondering about how accurate the Go Command would be. If I were to use the Go Command on some stairs, what if I wanted the AI to go up the stairs but instead they just cover the stairs? Or what if I pointed at a door and I want them to only kick it down but instead they kick it down then rush in without giving that order? What I'm trying to ask is how are we able to get our points across accurately? I want my teammate to kick down a door and first throw a flashbang before entering instead of bum rushing right in without being careful. I'm really hoping for some smart AI cause I believe that the AI can make or break the game. Also wondering if your AI teammates are able to die and how that would effect the mission. Thanks for answering our questions even if they may be hard to without giving away too much information. Good luck in development. Really looking forward to this one.
staropal0972

Re: Go Command

yoursinglestar wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:41 pm I was also wondering about how accurate the Go Command would be. If I were to use the Go Command on some stairs, what if I wanted the AI to go up the stairs but instead they just cover the stairs? Or what if I pointed at a door and I want them to only kick it down but instead they kick it down then rush in without giving that order? What I'm trying to ask is how are we able to get our points across accurately? I want my teammate to kick down a door and first throw a flashbang before entering instead of bum rushing right in without being careful. I'm really hoping for some smart AI cause I believe that the AI can make or break the game. Also wondering if your AI teammates are able to die and how that would effect the mission. Thanks for answering our questions even if they may be hard to without giving away too much information. Good luck in development. Really looking forward to this one.
They've said before they would be covering how AI works in SDIF months ago. Other than that I am not qualified to say much further.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Go Command

We absolutely agree that the AI can make or break the game, and this has been a huge part of our development focus.

The short answer is that, while we won’t be giving players the level of micro-control some people will want, the conditions you described are “basically” covered, except that you can’t order your teammates to go too far ahead of you up the stairs or through a house. This is because:
  • This violates Marine tactics
  • We’re concerned that players will just use their AI as bullet sponges and blame the game when their AI dies because, well, that’s what many people on our development team did once they were given this ability.
Speaking of which — yes, your friendly AI can die. But, ideally, they will only die because of something you ordered them to do, rather than them doing something dumb on their own.