“Only the Dead” Documentary

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Stickfigure21

“Only the Dead” Documentary

I noticed in the preview trailer, one of the guys talking at about 2:00 mins in is Medal of Honor recipient Sgt. David Bellavia, who earnd his medal in Fallujah.

Any words I can string together about what this guy did would be an understatement. Basically, he was alone in a house after his squad pulled back after being ambushed, he stayed and engaged no less than 5 enemy fighters, some in hand to hand combat, killing all of them.

What’s also interesting is at the time of the fighting in Fallujah, a journalist was imbedded with Sgt. Bellavia’s squad named Michael Ware. He went on to make an *amazing* but very graphic documentary about his time as a war correspondent in Iraq titled “Only the Dead”.

It’s pretty hard to find as it’s practically a snuff film, but I saved it to my google drive using 100% legal not sketchy video downloading from the internet services. If anyone is interested, I’d be happy to send it to you if you wanna shoot me a PM.
staropal0972

Re: “Only the Dead” Documentary

Was SSG Bell actually in the trailers? Is this the veteran you were referring to? I'm not in my ears to believe that sounded like him, but he does look a bit like him. I can't tell for sure however.

Stickfigure21

staropal0972 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:46 pm Was SSG Bell actually in the trailers? Is this the veteran you were referring to? I'm not in my ears to believe that sounded like him, but he does look a bit like him. I can't tell for sure however.

I can’t see your image unfortunately, but at around the 2:00 minute mark in the reveal trailer it’s the man talking about walking into a machine gun about 10 feet from him. I’d say I’m 90% sure it’s him.
staropal0972

Stickfigure21 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:00 pm
staropal0972 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:46 pm Was SSG Bell actually in the trailers? Is this the veteran you were referring to? I'm not in my ears to believe that sounded like him, but he does look a bit like him. I can't tell for sure however.

I can’t see your image unfortunately, but at around the 2:00 minute mark in the reveal trailer it’s the man talking about walking into a machine gun about 10 feet from him. I’d say I’m 90% sure it’s him.
Yes that's who I was referring to. Still not sure who that is due to some audible disconnection. But he still looks like SSG Bell.
Stickfigure21

I’m preeeettty sure it’s him but I can’t really tell. Maybe a dev can confirm or deny if it’s him.
Stickfigure21

I found a way to link the documentary to this thread for anyone who wants to watch it. It’s an amazing resource for anyone who wants to see how it really was in Iraq.

WARNING: As stated before this documentary is VERY graphic. If you have a light stomach or PTSD maybe sit this one out. It doesn’t shy away from anything. But, it offers an uncensored look at Iraq and the battle of Fallujah.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TY6c0q ... p=drivesdk

-Steve